18- Fingers and Toes

~Day 5~

~Day 5~

Isadora POV
It feels like we've been sitting on this roof for months...

"Isadora!"

I jostled awake from someone screaming my name, then started to slide.

Why would I be sliding?

It took me a moment to remember where I was and what was going on, but before I could fall to the ground, I grasped onto one of the surrounding roof shingles.

Klaus had just woke up as well (either naturally or because of the disturbing noise I just made) and was quicker to come to his senses. He held onto the window frame for his own stability, then reached out to help me. In a heroic way, he pulled me closer to the window, and we proceeded to climb though the window hole to get to the room we had went through the previous night.

Being the clumsy person I am, I had flopped onto the floor in front of where the person who had called us was standing.

"I'd like a reasonable explanation to why you're both asleep on the roof of a house that isn't even yours at 7 in the morning." Duncan said, who had been our ungrateful alarm this morning.

"Since when do you care about people other than yourself?" I snapped. I had not enjoyed his rude awakening and I wanted him to know that.

A look of concern flashed over Duncan's face, but he was quick to go back to normal.

"So are you going to answer my question?" He asked.

Klaus explained our scenario.

"We both weren't tired since you woke us up at such a weird hour so we went out here to pass along the time. We must have ended up both falling asleep."

"I figured out that last part." Duncan started. "But I'm just confused on why you were both out there alone and I didn't hear any fighting."

"It's kind of hard to fight if you're sleeping-" I started. I'd adjusted myself from the floor.

"We had a chat, and I think we may be more sincere to each other from now." Klaus said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means we'll try not to fight as often, but I honestly don't know how well it will work out." I admitted.

The two of us let out a playful laugh leaving Duncan confused yet again.

"And Duncan, I'm afraid something terrible happened last night, while you were asleep." I said.