3 - Dangerous Men

☻♡

☻♡

3 - Dangerous Men

Feeling his arm bleeding from the nasty cut he had received in the process of the struggling man he was ordered to kill, Michael held his hand over the burning surface.

He groaned in annoyance as the blood kept flowing and as he couldn't make it stop. He could only keep trudging to the shitty hotel he was staying in for the night all while holding onto the wound.

Tonight's job was a very simple one: find a man by the name Aaron Wills and slit his throat right open to make him choke on his own blood and to simply leave him in the streets for some innocent person to find.

And even with how simple and direct it should of been, Michael was so used to having Ashton by his side now that these smallest of jobs were harder than usual.

With Ashton telling him how he was bored from the usual, regular jobs they got, Michael didn't want to pester him with them anymore. Ashton was already annoyed with his nagging, and he didn't want to make his mood worse with these jobs that he deemed as boring.

Michael didn't really have an opinion on the jobs, since he thought of them simply as his work, things needed and necessary for him to do.

But these past weeks have been proven as draining jobs for him. He was used to Ashton's presence and his role in the kills, and it was always harder to take down a man or a woman by yourself than with help from another powerful body. His nasty cut only proved the case.

Finally making it to the hotel, he gave the worker in the front lobby a small nod, rolling his eyes when the woman didn't even bat an eye at his bleeding arm. This hotel really was that shitty where she was probably used to people coming in and out with bleeding wounds.

Walking down the hallway, he quickly unlocked his room and entered the small room that contained a simple bed and a connected bathroom.

Pulling his shirt off, he threw it to the ground and ventured into the bathroom, gathering a small towel to put under the rushing water once he turned the nobs.

Pressing the towel against the deep wound, he gritted his teeth in pain as he thought back at how easy it was for the man to slice him up. He should of saw him dig into his pocket, obviously dragging the sharp object that then dug into his skin before he was finally able to hit the weapon out of his hand.

Going back into the bedroom, he dug through his bag for the wanted items. Grabbing the small, plastic container, he went back into the bathroom as he set everything up. He pretty much always carried a set of various things to help himself or a partner if he needed to, which proved as a smart idea now as he took out the needle and string needed as stitches.

Awkwardly putting himself and his arm into a position where he could look at what he was doing in the mirror, Michael started as he dug the needle into his skin at the top of the wound.

It hurt, but he was used to the pain by now. Being a paid hitman wasn't a clean-cut job, and it resulted in a lot of various injuries. This cut was just one of the many.

Stitching himself back together didn't even take him that long, since he's done it a countless amount of times by now.

He could only take a look at his tired self once he set the needle down when he was finished, thinking about how terrible the month has been for him.

He missed Ashton and he wanted his best friend to be back on jobs with him, but he didn't want to keep disappointing him. So he was just going to have to keep working alone and keep digging into finding better jobs for the two.

Feeling his phone buzz in his back pocket, he pulled the device out with his non-hurting hand, being thankful that the hurting one was at least his non-dominant left hand. Reading over the notification, it was no surprise that it was a call from Ashton.

Pressing decline, he set his phone down on the counter as he wiped his arm up from the remaining traces of blood from his wound.

Like he just said, he did miss Ashton. But Michael wasn't the best at making amends and owning up to his mistakes. He knows that he shouldn't be so controlling over his best friend, but he also couldn't help feeling so protective over him.

He really just wanted Ashton to be happy, but he also didn't want to see him doing it in a way where he was giving himself so freely to the two men he's heard about from him.

Michael has never met Luke or Calum, but he's heard a lot about them both from Ashton and from people around. They were dangerous men that could have you gone in a blink of a second, and he was afraid for Ashton.

He didn't want anything to happen to the one—the only one—he cared about. Without Ashton, he'd be alone with himself and all the blood he witnesses.

Michael could only try to keep looking for better jobs and opportunities to make Ashton stay.

—•••—

This is more of a filler, but I wanted to show more of how and what Michael is thinking. :,)

⁎⁺˳