23 - Angel of Death

☻♡

☻♡

23 - Angel of Death

Looking at the time, Michael shakily took in a deep breathe when he grabbed one of his knifes and hid it underneath his black coat he was wearing. His job had to officially be done now in order for him to get to his designated spot to report on being finished and successful on time.

Walking out of his set room, he walked with a nervous plan in his mind. He knew that Calum was inside of his office and he was proven right when he walked in and saw the brunette sitting there in obvious concentration as he scanned over a piece of paper in his hands.

"Calum?" He asked when he knocked on the already open door.

Calum's eyes snapped onto Michael once he heard the hitman, "Yeah? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Can I come in?" Michael asked.

"Of course." Calum said and put his paper down, eyes scanning the other expectantly. Their certain personal conversation had happened and ended only a few hours ago, and he didn't know if this was going to be about the same thing.

"What is it?" He asked and looked up at the hitman that was now stood in front of his desk.

"I wanted to talk to you." Michael said softly, genuinely feeling terrible about all of this.

"Now you know what the three of us have been feeling ever since this all started." Calum chuckled with a small teasing grin, making Michael quietly laugh out as well.

"Things are about to happen..." Michael started and guiltily avoided eye contact by looking past Calum, "And I need you to understand that it's not you. You're one of the best people that I've ever met in this stupid fucking world."

"What are you talking about, Michael?" Calum asked confused, since he was now the only one that was out of the loop about the dire situation they were currently in.

"I'm talking about all of this and the future." Michael sighed out while avoiding eye contact still by now looking down at his fiddling hands, "And the violence that is about to ensue."

"But there doesn't need to be all of this violence against us anymore, Michael." Calum stated as he peered up at the green eyes that were avoiding him, "Ashton has been much happier now while staying with us. He helps us with the business and he's able to feed that murderous darkness within himself. But neither of you have to keep going out into the night and putting your lives and safety in such a risk."

"It isn't that simple." Michael shook his head.

"But it is." Calum tried again.

"It's not." Michael determinedly said finally looking up at Calum in order to prove his point.

"Tell me why then, angel."

Angel. It has seemed to stick on everyone for Michael because it was so inaccurately ironic. Michael was far from an angel. But the three have been using that name for him ever since Luke had created it for the hitman.