19 - I Can't Promise Anything

☻♡

☻♡

19 - I Can't Promise Anything

Conducting important business within Luke's and Calum's bar was quite normal, considering that it's their ultimate grip of control within the city. Everyone knows that as soon as you are inside of that bar, you belong to the two mobsters.

From dealing with petty gangsters, giving their workers murderous instructions, and all the way to stashing drugs, the bar was the perfect spot and opportunity for Luke and Calum to have the most control that they now had.

They were influential and powerful, and everyone knew it. Crossing them and the powerful empire that they have created would be asking for death.

"We've crossed off the downtown group, the Devils, and even the Terry Boys..." Luke stated his dilemma to the woman who him and Calum called into their office—of course in the bar—for the seek of help, "That leaves no one else that we're aware of. This had to of been a private dealing instead of a group war."

"What do you want me to do?" The woman easily asked, already been hired by Luke and Calum for a couple of jobs that suited her certain expertise before.

"I want you to track down the initial set-up. Go back through all the calls that lead up to the one that Ashton received to kill me, and I want you to figure out who it was that bought the hit on my head." Luke explained to the woman seriously.

"That's going to take a while..." She said both hesitantly, but also professionally, "The whole hitman system is set up with burner phones, personal meetings, and with top secret technology for a reason. It's so we can't figure out who made these hits."

"And this is where that's going to change, KayKay." Luke said as he finally addressed the woman by her name, showing her identity, "We need to know who made the hit and you're the best at hacking and making these connections."

"I'll try. I really will. But I can't promise anything." KayKay said in return.

"You underestimate your skills, Kay." Calum sighed out, "Every job we've hired you for you've succeeded."

"No job has been like this one before." She shook her head seriously.

She has hacked into other groups' systems, has informed the pair about certain hits that were being planned against them, and has even identified the secret of who the current head of the Terry Boys was for Luke and Calum.

But this was so much different like she had already stated. The hitman system was complicated and protected with enormous firewalls and from numerous people, whose job it was to ensure that these connections weren't found.

If people were able to simply hack into the system to see who has hired who to kill certain people then no one would trust the company, and no one would buy their business into it.

"If anyone was to hack into the hitman company it's going to be you." Calum informed her, "You're the best with hacking and dealing with all of these petty protections."

"It's true." Luke said when he saw a look of doubt cross over KayKay's face once Calum said that she was the best, "We hire you for these things out of everyone for a reason."

"Okay." She took a deep breathe as she nodded, looking between the two that sat in front of her, "I'll do it. But it's going to take time."

"We have one week and five days until the hit on me is meant to be complete." Luke said strictly, "You have until then to find out who set up the hit."

"Okay." She nodded again, but this time more determinedly. Luke and Calum were criminals; they were killers. But to many other people—including KayKay and so many other people that worked for them—they were good people.

They cared about those around them, and they were sure to always protect each other. If you were a part of the pair's empire then you were in their ultimate protection.

But no one was oblivious. You had to earn your spot and you had to keep working hard to keep it. And if you ever betrayed them or their trust then you were doomed to a painful ending.

"I'll find whoever set the hit on you, and I'll call you as soon as I find anything." She told Luke before looking back at Calum with an appreciative smile, "Thank you for believing in me for this."

"Of course. You've proven yourself to us countless amount of times."

"Meaning when I turned against my own sister by ratting her and her boss out to you two." She narrowed her eyes at them playfully.

"Yes, I'd say that turning against your own blood for us really showed us your ultimate loyalty." Calum smirked at her as she grinned and let out a small laugh.

"She's a bitch anyways." She shrugged, "I'm glad that you ran her out of town."

"I'm glad that you feel that way." Calum smirked even wider.

"And I'm glad that I'm under your protection for this." She gave them both a certain look, one that was asking for their verbal agreement to the question she didn't even have to ask.

"You've been under our protection ever since you started helping us." Luke confirmed with a short nod, "But we need your help with this."

She nodded in return, "I'll find out exactly who set the hit on your head and why."

—•••—

A short, but needed one! KayKay said that she's going to find out who set the hit against Luke. Do you think she's going to succeed in time? 🙈

⁎⁺˳