Hurts like hell

{ 𝙃𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 ~ 𝙁𝙡𝙚𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙚 }

𝙍𝙚𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫.
____________________________________

Reece huffed as he pushed Ana's face away from him, working as a barrier between her and his lips that she was currently making her life mission to invade. She was so, so annoying. He didn't think he could go through with this, having to kiss her awful tasting lips, dried up and smothered with lipstick. And he actually had to pretend to enjoy it.

But he had to. For George.

He sighed as he replayed all the horrible things he said to him, the pure lies that had run wild as he went through a panic. He was beyond harsh. He knew that, but he felt himself stuck in a frenzy, desperate for George to just drop it and forget about him. But was that really what he wanted? No, of course not.

What he wanted was the complete opposite, he longed to kiss George's lips just one more time, to take him out to places he knows he would love, to cuddle on the couch when they watch a scary movie, because as much as George rejects the theory that he gets scared, Reece would always know the truth.

But that was impossible now, he thought dully as Ana's leg rubbed against his as they waited to go perform. And it seemed time couldn't fly quick enough as he sat there, shifting awkwardly away everytime she edged closer.

His eyes darted around the room once again, looking to spot the blond boy among everyone else. He couldn't see him, in fact, he never saw him anymore. And he knew there was only one person to blame. Himself.

"Come on boys, show time! Get ready we go on in five" a voice called out into the room, prompting him to jump out of his seat with eagerness, away from the monster beside him that was clinging on for dear life.

"Good luck reecy!" He ignored her as he made his way out and up to the stage, smiling in relief as he sees George come out of the bathroom, making his way towards them. He frowned suddenly, George looked terrible.

Well he looked beautiful as always, but his movements were slow and delayed, he radiated exhaustion as Reece blankly stared at him, not caring if he was caught. He attempted a tight-lipped smile as George stood beside him, ready to go on stage any second, but he ignored him with a sombre look.

He reached out and grabbed George's arm as he swayed a little when stepping up on the stairs, a frown clearly evident on his face. Something was not right, it was ringing in his head so loud he could barely hear his own thoughts, instead his head was overtaken by immediate concern.

"George, are you-" his arm was brushed off weakly by the smaller boy, looking like he wanted to be angry at him, but the frustration didn't reach his face. Instead his eyes simply looked dull, sunken in and tired. He just looked so he tired, so much so that it crushed his heart to pieces. This was all his fault, he wanted to protect George, but maybe it wasn't Ana, or the media, or himself that he needed to be protected from. Maybe, it was Reece. It was him who was causing this.

"Fine. I'm-im fine" he opened his mouth to retaliate but they were quickly ushered on stage, leaving him no time to say anything more. Alternatively, he had to settle for watching him from across the stage, worried eyes following his every movement, frantically trying to sense what was wrong, but he failed miserably.

They ran off stage, pumping with sweat and adrenaline. Reece's eyes directed themselves to George, watching with wide eyes as he ran straight down the corridor. His legs went to follow him as soon as he seen, and his mind agreed but a hand on his shoulder thought differently.

"We need to talk, Reece." Blake was holding a serious expression on his face, one he wasn't particularly familiar seeing plastered on his best friend. He was usually so calm and light-hearted. But as he followed him into the currently empty room, he knew something was off. Something was defiantly more than off, and it scared him more than he liked to admit.

"Ok...what do you want to talk about?" He warily sat down on the leather sofa, watching as Blake did the same on the opposite side, eyes never leaving him as he maintained eye-contact with the humourless brunet sitting ahead of him.

"What do you think? I'm not oblivious, you know." He frowned as Blake spoke, voice low and gruff as he leaned forward, like he wanted to jump up from the seat and scream at Reece until he understood.

"Wha-" his quiet whisper was quickly cut off with a much louder voice

"You and George. I know what happened, you kissed and all blah blah blah. But what the hell have you done?"

"Blake! I-I didn't do anything. How do you even know?" He folder his arms across his chest, acting as a barrier between the truth and his vulnerable heart.

"Don't mess with me reece! A few day's ago he was bouncing and blushing all over the place, now look at him. I haven't seen him eat or sleep or even smile! he looks fucking broken." He stared on in shock, not wanting to hear the words spilling out of his mouth at this very moment. It was just reminding him what he's done, he's broken the boy he longed to keep safe. He wanted to ensure George would smile brightly again, but how could he when Reece crushed him? He broke his heart.

He loves a boy, and he broke him.

"So, I'll ask again reece. What did you do?" His eyes snapped away from Blake's intense gaze, unable to look into his eyes as he spoke. He didn't want to see the disgust and the pure revolt that would shine so brightly in his best friends eyes. He was going to lose the only friends he had. And he deserved it.

"I-I told him it was a mistake. I-I was confused, I have a...a girlfriend, that I love. I told him that I never-never loved him." His voice broke multiple times as he tried to keep it steady, but all his strength was too busy keeping the tears that were threatening to fall down his cheeks. He couldn't cry, Blake had to believe him. Did he?

"But it was a lie. Wasn't it?" He heatistanted, biting his lip as he placed his hands together, desperately trying to stop them from shaking.

"Reece, it's ok. You can trust me, I'm always here for you." He broke as Blake placed his hand on his, looking at him with gentle eyes, full of compassion. Compassion that he didn't deserve. He deserved nothing but hate and disgust after the pain he's caused.

"Blake...I love him. I love him so much it's not fair! W-we can't be anything! He hates me now, I hate me now. I fucking love him and he'll never even know Blake!" He jumped himself as his voice rang out, words toppling over each other and out before he even registered what was being said. Once he started he just couldn't stop, the truth was breaking out but it's useless now. It was too late.

"Yes he will know, because you are going to tell him! Please Reece, ignore whatever that...cow is saying to you. Just tell him." He nodded slightly as Blake rubbed his hand a little, going around in circles in a way that calmed him a little. He wiped the tears from his eyes, looking up to the ceiling and sniffling pathetically.

He was going to tell him, he had to.

Suddenly the door opened slowly, they both turned around to see George walking in. Reece felt a heavy frown contour his face as he warily watched him, looking confused and unsure.

"George?" Blake's voice was soft and gentle and his head snapped up then, looking terrified and confused.

" b-Blake, Reece..I-" his gaze drifted to Reece and his heart clenched in concern.

He swayed slightly as his eyes rolled back and Reece barely had time to process what was happening before he launched up, darting towards him a second too late as he fell backwards, head letting out a horrific thud as it hit the ground. The rest of his body collapsing stiffly in Reese's arms as he screamed, attempting to catch the boy fully before he got hurt.

A moment too late.

He's failed at that too.

I keep saying it gets better haha but it takes time...
This was a short chapter and I actually don't like it at all so sorry if you guys feel the same :)

Poor George :(

Thanks for reading!