Past lives

{ past lives ~ BØRNS }

"Never thought I'd wait so long for you, the timing is right, the stars are aligned"

George's pov.
____________________________________

He walked quietly behind, only half- listening to Blake's rambling echoing in his ear beside him. It wasn't that he didn't want to listen to Blake, he did. Of course he did. But his eyes were taking complete control of his senses, overwhelming the rest. They were too busy zoning in on the two people in front of him, clammily holding hands as they walked in the sun.

Reece kept glancing back at him, sending him sombre looks as if to say he was sorry. He simply rolled his eyes lightly, although it wasn't heavy with annoyance. Well, perhaps it was. But it was certainly not aimed directly at reece, no. It was the cow that was hanging on to him, attached to his hip like he was in love with her.

"George, this is not going to work." He flinched a little, head snapping across from him to see Blake, a familiar exasperated expression planted on his face.

He stared back at him, watching the frown play on his lips before he finally decided to elaborate.

"This" he motioned to the two people in front of him dramatically, hands flying up. " it's not going to work, how can you be happy when you have to watch the boy you love be with someone else. Real or fake, neither of you are happy." He sighed as he kicked stones, with more and more unprecedented anger the longer he registered the words being said. They were playing in his head, and all he could think was: yeah. It's not going to work. But what were they supposed to do? Why couldn't it just be simple?

"I know. But-" he looked up at Blake, who was looking at him with such compassion it made him feel helpless, lost. "What am I supposed to do?" His voice was brittle and came out in a quiet whisper, even if he tried to regain some power and confidence in his voice, he still failed miserably.

Blake simply shook his head, shrugging his shoulders pathetically in an attempt of an answer. "I can't help you with that George. But just remember, this thing that you two have going on, it needs to make you happy. Not the opposite."

He nodded at him, a tight lipped smile tugging at his lips as he and Blake resorted to comfortable silence as they strolled down the park. A 'day out' management had called it. That was complete crap, and they all knew it. This was what one would call, a publicity stunt. Well, something like that. Promotion for Reece and Anas 'budding romance'. Two lovebirds in love, that's what the magazines held on their covers, big shining letters displaying the vulgar words.

Apparently, completely unaware to him, she was quite the popular instagram influencer. A couple of thousand followers that had the privilege of seeing her lovely face pop up on their feed every single day. How lovely. And he, well he had the privilege of seeing her real face, behind the caked make-up. The monster behind the mask. Again, how lovely.

A few paparazzi appeared out of nowhere, harassing the couple in front of them with watchful eyes, shouting out Meaningless questions.

"Are you dating?"

"How long has it been?"

"Is this a happy relationship?"

He felt his heart break with each question that they received. Why couldn't that be him up there, holding Reese's hand and swinging it back and forth, bragging about their happy relationship that had no complications whatsoever. Why? Why did she have to exist in their lives? He couldn't help but secretly detest Reece for bringing her into their lives, but he knew that was selfish, his anger was arising from different roots.

He felt his breath hitch in his throat, watching as Ana laughed and flipped her hair, hanging onto reeces elbow as he laughed stiffly at the reporters. She leaned in to kiss him, conjoining her cracked lips with his beautiful ones.

He snapped his gaze elsewhere, looking at the trees and around himself, anywhere but in front of him.

He caught Blake's gaze as he held a confused expression, causing him to frown. His elbow came out and gently nudged him, looking surprised as he stared absently ahead of him, resulting in George doing the same.

He felt his confused frown deepen as he watched Reece come towards him, an irritated Ana stomping around behind him, shouting at him as the paparazzi watched him with watchful eyes, Cameras pointing towards them immediately.

But his eyes zoned in on Reece, who had a small smile playing on his lips as he came dangerously close to him, not bothering to acknowledge the people swarming and shouting behind him. He couldn't hear them anymore as his ears focused on Reece, waiting for him to say something. To say anything.

"Are you sure you're ready? For all this to get out?" His whisper was ragged and breathy on George's skin as he came closer, hot breath tickling his lips. The words rang in his ears and went straight out, he didn't bother to concentrate on them too much as he smashed his lips against Reece, bringing him closer as their tongues swirled in sync with each other, pleasure easing throughout his body as he brought his hand up to reeces cheek, cupping it gently. His thumb stroking his cheek sweetly as they stood kissing.

With all the eyes on them, the cameras flashing and clicking in the background, he still didn't feel overwhelmed. He didn't feel insecure or shy away as Reece gripped him and ran his tongue across his bottom lip before he hesitantly broke away.

They stood inches away from each other, breathing coming out uneven and breathy. He felt a heavy blush finally reach his cheeks as he looked around, feeling small and nervous as he became adjusted to the watchful eyes on them, mouths gaping open.

" Ana isn't my girlfriend. She's a bitch. And I, Reece Bibby, am in love with George. I am very, very in love." He shouted it out, head snapping around in a full circle towards all the nosy people, and to Ana who looked ready to explode with anger.

He felt a small smile reach his lips as Reece gently grabbed his chin, forcing his eyes away from the people swarming around them and directing his gaze to him, and to only him. And he wasn't complaining, no. He really wasn't about to complain when all his wishes and dreams were happening in front of his eyes, right in this moment. He couldn't ask for more.

"I think they'll know now." Reece laughed a little at him, and although he'd previously been perceived as confident and so sure of the words he'd been sprouting out. But right now, as the adrenaline passed, he held a little doubt in his eyes, looking shyly around him, no doubt wondering if this was the right thing to do.

Reece may be doubting his impulse decision, but he certainly wasn't.

"Yeah, yeah I think they will." He whispered as he leaned in, kissing the tip of reese's nose as his face scrunched up, giggling away as if they were the only people here.

And to them, they were.

Ohh another short chapter... :)

How do you guys think the story is going? It's coming to an end pretty soon! And I for one am deeply upset, but it has to end sometime.

I keep spending my time writing sad one shots so sorry for the short updates...

Also, how the heck do people write kissing scenes so effortlessly? It's soo hard for me ahhh

Thanks for the reads xx