Look after you

{ 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 ~ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙮 }

" 𝘽𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮, 𝙞'𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪"

𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫.
___________________________________

George sat on the familiar plastic seat in the doctor office, swinging his legs wildly as he watched the clock across the room, intesnly wathcing the hands tick by.

Tick tick tick

He was using it as a distraction, something to occupy his mind as the receptionist called out peoples names every few minutes. He sat holding his breath, how long had it been? Was he next?

He wanted to run, straight out that door, not face what was coming. It was just a few simple questions, right? He could do this. He couldn't do this he couldn't-

"Hey, you ok?" He snapped his eyes across to the taller blond boy, who he had dragged along to this borefest, all because he was scared to face it alone, scared to face his mind without him by his side. He would say it was selfish, his mind was trying desperately to convince him of it, but the reassuring smile on Reece's face told him otherwise. He chose to be here. He wanted to be here him.

He simply nodded, not trusting his vocal cords to function right now. He licked his lips, Staring back into Reece's gentle eyes as he placed his hand on his thigh, squeezing it in a friendly gesture. The touch sent shivers down his spine, electric pulsing through his veins. He wanted Reece to touch him more, but that couldn't happen. And this was certainly not the time for such thoughts.

"It's ok, you can do this, I believe in you with all my heart." He smiled then, gratitude shining in his eyes.

"Thank you, for being here. And for everything else" he whispered, a tight lipped smile directed at the boy beside him, waiting patiently.

They sat in still, or at least George tried to, comfortable silence filled the air for a few minutes before the dreaded words came booming through the air, hitting him like a ton of bricks.

"George Smith? You're next, follow me please." He panicked a little, head snapping over to Reece, who just smiled at him. He grabbed his hand, giving it a tight squeeze that inexplicably calmed the nerves wrecking his body, subsidising them.

"I'm right here, and I'll still be here when you get back, ok?" He nodded then, a sudden wave of confidence waving over him. He could do this.

Turns out, he could not do this. All confidence was diminished as soon as he sat down, staring back at the women as she asked far too personal questions, ones that had his palms clam up, panic amplifying in his eyes everytime a new one arose.

"Have you ever felt like you're head was spinning, like it couldn't stop?"

He froze, how was he meant to answer that.

"Y-yes."

"Ok, and how does that affect your day-to-day life?"

He felt his heart rate quicken, pulse drumming in his ears with harsh thuds, that seemed to impossibly echo off the white washed, dull walls that made his eyes hurt, ruling out the option to direct his gaze on them instead of the women staring intently at him, like he was a child who was pathetic and weak.

" Is there anything that makes it better? Or perhaps worse?"

One person came to mind then, the one person why made him feel like things could be ok, someday. The one person he couldn't have.

"What are the other feelings running through your head on a normal day?"

Anything and everything.

"How do you attempt to manage them?"

He took a deep breath and for once in his life, he didn't lie. He didn't overthink the questions, he just said what first came to his mind. All the thoughts and feelings he had tried so hard to keep in, to bottle up, they all came spilling out. And he felt relieved, like a painful dam, that was holding him back, had finally broken. And it came crashing down.

Coming out of the room, he felt drained. He felt completely, utterly exhausted. Once his words started to flow, there was no stopping them, they just kept spilling out, no matter how hard he tried to stop them. But after a while, his vocal cords simply let go of the restraints he had held onto so desperately before hand .

He spotted the familiar blond boy sitting impatiently on the chair, legs trembling up and down until he spotted George. He let out a sigh of relief as he ran up to him, clutching to him tightly.

"Shh, it's ok. Let's go outside, ok?" He lifted his head, nodding  as he was lead outside, hand still placed on George's back as they walked slowly outside, the cool fresh air hitting his face was a relief to his warm face.

They say down on a bench, old and rustic and definitely not the most comfortable thing he'd ever placed himself on, but that didn't matter.

"So, how did it go? She didn't upset you, did she?" He questioned, worried but calm eyes meeting his.

"It-it went ok. I've been Uh, diagnosed with a-anxiety. Generalised anxiety disorder." His voice broke, brittle and laced with shock. He was supposed to be fine. So why was he being told differently? Was everything he thought he knew a lie?

A small sob escaped his throat then, weak and broken sounding as he felt the energy slowly draining out of his blood, out of his body completely.

Reece's eyes widened a little bit he quickly recovered, bringing him closer as he wrapped his arms around him, whispering in his ear softly as he cried silently.

"I'm so proud of you George. Do you see how big of a step this was? And you've done it." He closed his eyes as Reece brushed his hand through his hair, fingertips touching his scalp in a soothing motion, with each touch slowly diminishing the tension in his body. He was proud of him. He made him believe, yeah, he should be proud of himself. He's done it, despite the screeching voice in his head telling him otherwise, he proved it wrong. He could do it, and he did.

"You are still the same person you were when you walked in, if not more. Just think, this is another step closer to becoming more of yourself, the one who was happy all the time. You're just closer to being happy again. But you're still the same, perfect person, the one I-" he paused, hestistance abruptly showing up in his voice.

George lifted his head, to look him in the eyes as he debated whether to continue or not.

He held his breath, waiting for the next words to come.

"You're still the same person that I love. No, that's wrong" his eyes involuntarily shut then, head dropping down as his gaze fixed on the dirty ground. What did he hope for him to say?

Suddenly there was a hand on his chin, lifting his head up and forcing his eyes to meet Reece's, currently shining with fierce determination and what looked suspicious like how he imagined he looked at him, with love.

But that couldn't be, because Reece wasn't-

"You're the person I'm in love with. The only one. It's not Ana, or some random girl. It's you George, it's always been you."

Ohhhh a double update? I am stress writing and it is fun even tho I'm writing crap :)

And look! They finally told each other properly! For like the 3rd time...

Thanks for reading! Xxxx