✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬- 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

--Kenma's POV--

Kenma sighed as he heard the maids shuffle around the room. Since forever, he's hated having the maids around him all the time. He used to like them- they were the only people around him constantly, and they were like a mother figure to him. It was only until he started remembering his dreams. It was about a boy who lived in a place very different from the kingdom. Everything seemed to go by so fast; there were so many things to do. Too many, in his opinion. 

It seemed much more technologically advanced than the kingdom, even though it was the most advanced to date. Long vehicles drove underground or on rails raised above the ground, faster than anything currently experienceable. They had machines that looked like birds and soared through the skies, and a carriage-like mode of transportation which everyone could use. People barely had time for their hobbies as they grew older, their time occupied by things like school and work. 

The foods were different too; there was a lot of rice, sometimes served along with a meat or fish of some sort and some vegetables. People drank a variety of sweetened beverages, mostly bought from a cafe. They lived in homes that would be considered unreasonably small in the kingdom, but was normal there, and the people living in them seemed fine. Many grew to ages older than the oldest ever alive recorded in history, and he figured it was because of the advanced lifestyle and medicine they lived.

If Kenma were to decide if he wanted to live there or live his life as the prince, he would choose that place in a heartbeat. The culture was more conservative and respectful, which he liked, and he would be relieved from his royal duties, given to him upon birth. He would have different responsibilities, but those seemed preferable compared to what he had to deal with now. He had lessons, along with "practical training", designed by his father. He was to learn from textbooks along with getting real experience, though Kenma believed that it was just a way for him to give a bit of his own duties to him. 

The maids prepared him for his day, bringing his outfit for the day and fixing his hair. It was common style to have it long and in a ponytail, and as much as he wanted to take it out of his ponytail and leave it down, he couldn't. He would be scolded for his behavior by his ethics and behavior tutor, which he rather wouldn't hear. It was always scary with him, and being yelled at was always worse. It was probably why his father chose that particular tutor for him, to scare him into listening to what he said. 

When the maids were done, he left his room and met his bodyguard outside. Anywhere other than his room, he was to be by Kenma's side to protect him from any danger. Kenma knew there wasn't a need for having his own personal bodyguard when there were guards stationed at every corner, but he understood that it made sense to the people that he would have a bodyguard of his own. After all, he was the first and only prince of the kingdom. 

With being a prince came its duties, learning from the most prestigious scholars and tutors being one of them. He still had lessons every day, despite having had them ever since he could remember. He absolutely hated them; being around his teachers was emotionally draining and he never wanted to put in the effort into studying something he had absolutely no interest in. Nonetheless, there was nothing he could do about it. He walked with his bodyguard, who was named Felix, to the study room, where the tutor would come and give their lecture on the topic they were hired to teach. He had one subject today, as his father had given him a lot of "hands-on training" today- he was to prepare a meeting with foreign diplomats and make a deal benefiting the kingdom with them. He believed that this was an important part of being a king- dealing with foreign peoples- and around his age, he should be exposed to this already. 

Dreading the day ahead, Kenma walked into the study room, sitting down on the chair behind the large, wooden desk in front of a window that covered the majority of the wall behind him, which looked over the rose garden. It was built for his grandmother, who loved roses when she was alive. He never got to meet her, but his parents talked about her a lot and she seemed favorable compared to them. He would rather be raised by her than his parents, but he couldn't do anything about it.