Chapter Fifteen

"Congratulations, Mr. Jimenez, Architect and Engineers."

I smiled and thanked them for this project. Ibinaba na namin ang hawak na shovel at isa-isang nagkamayan. Kasama si Bon ngayon sa groundbreaking. Tito Carlos on the other hand was present together with the Vice President of Dmngz Co., Bon's uncle, Mr. Arman Dominguez.

"Congratulations babe," Bulong ni Bon sa 'kin nang makalapit siya. Ngumiti ako ng tipid at bumulong din. "Thank you,"

Tito Carlos went at me. "I'm so proud of you, iha." He told me while smiling. He also tapped my shoulder before going with Sir Rancho, to congratulate him again.

I instantly became emotional. He's not my father yet, he already told me a motivational words like that. Dad never told me he's proud of me. Ni minsan hindi ko narinig 'yon sakanya. Tapos iba pa yung magsasabi sa 'kin ng ganon. I feel like I aimed my goals in just a snap. May isang tao na nagsabi na proud siya sa 'kin. And he's a father. How I wished dad is like Tito Carlos. Kahit simpleng appreciation, wala akong narinig sakanya.

I went back home from our first day of construction in Fairview to Makati around 8 PM. Sobrang traffic kasi pauwi lalo na pag galing sa Fairview. Umuwi na din kasi si Bon pagkatapos ng ceremony dahil may iniutos sakanya si Tito Carlos. Gustuhin man niyang ihatid ako pauwi, pareho lang din kaming maiipit sa traffic.

Naabutan kong nasa sala si daddy kausap si mommy. I was shocked seeing them together after separating legally but I stopped myself from asking. Annica was beside mom, playing a toy. She waved her hand when she saw me so I waved my hand and smiled too. Eventhough I don't like the idea of having a sister from another man, I don't have any choice to accept her as my sister. Wala siyang kasalanan sa sitwasyon nina mommy. And besides, she's so cute and bubbly. Kamukha niya si mommy.

"Chescka Mae," Dad stated when he saw me. Lumapit ako at nagmano, ganon din kay mommy.

"Dad, mom," Mom smiled and motioned me to sit down. "How's the groundbreaking? Your dad told me you have a building project. I'm so proud of you anak." Gusto kong umiyak bigla.

It was the second time I heard that line. But I didn't know if it was genuine. It was also the first time she told me she's proud of me since she left us. Hindi ko alam kung maniniwala ako or hindi. But, I'm happy. Kahit paano may nakaka-appreciate ng mga desisyong ginagawa ko. I looked at her and dad before smiling a little bit. "Thank you,"

"Why are you here, mom?" I asked slowly not being harsh by the question itself. I'm scared she will misinterpret it. She looked at daddy before answering. Inibaba niya din si Annica sa sofa para makapaglaro ng maayos.

"Gary and I talked about my wedding with Jomer this August..." I hold my bag tightly. I also looked at dad's expression but I can't see anything. He's lips was pursed while listening to mommy.

"Hmm... Your dad let you to be one of the bridesmaid." Gusto kong matawa sa isip ko pero mas hinigpitan ko na lang ang hawak ko sa bag ko. I wanted to curse but I stopped myself. Instead, I nodded and smiled.

"Nakapagdesisyon na po pala si daddy, so wala na po akong magagawa. Don't worry mom, I will attend."

Dad looked me with his dark expression. I know that look. Maybe, my words stricken him. Tama lang naman e. If he already decided, doon na lang ako. 'Yon naman palagi ang ginagawa niya e.

"But if you don't want, hindi kita pipilit---" I cut her off. "I'm in. Kung saan ka po masaya, doon ako." I smiled at her before standing up and excused myself.

"Pahinga na po ako,"

Once I get into my bed, I shouted hard in my pillow and cried. I wanted to throw a lot of words from mom but I can't. I wanted to give my opinion about that damn wedding! I wanted dad to have atleast a dignity. I know they've already split apart and even made a legal separation but thinking that dad accepted that damn wedding for the sake of mom's happiness, I want to be mad. I had no choice but to accept it too. Mom chose that life. Mom chose than man over us and I'm sure that's why dad accepted that situation was because he also had no choice but to be happy for mom. He loves mom more than anything to the point that he will sacrifice anything for the sake of her. Eventhough dad has a hard heart for showing her care and love for me as his daugher, I know he already put and gave all his effort just to bring mom back. It wasn't easy. But we really had no choice. There's really unexpected thing happens that we should undertstand. Mom and Dad's love story was an example of it. Maybe, they're not really meant to be. Masakit man isipin pero mas pinili ni mommy ang ibang pamilya kesa sa 'min. She choose him over us, over our family.