Chapter Eighteen

"Why are you crying?!"

Xia stopped walking and looked at me, concerned. I was just looking where Bon walks until he was gone in my sight. He passed by like he doesn't even know me, my presence, saw me or anything! I'm sure he saw me! Sobrang lapit lang namin!

"Xia.. I saw him.." I said and point out the side he walks in. Xia looked at me confused, forehead creased and looked on the side I was pointing. Pabalik-balik ang tingin niya, naghahanap, sabay balik ulit ng tingin sa 'kin.

"Who?"

"Bon," I simple said and wiped my tears. Hinanap ko pa siya sa dinaanan niya at sinuyod ang tingin sa mga taong masayang naglalakad, pero wala.

"Andito siya?! Baka naman namamalikmata ka!" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Xia at naghanap din. I nodded multiple times.

"I'm sure it's him, Xianna. Si Bon 'yon." She breathed heavily and held my face for me to look at her.

"Relax okay? Baka namamalikmata ka."

And just like she said, baka nga namamalikta lang ako. Pero bago pa kami makarating sa restaurant ay natigilan kami ni Xia nang may tumawag sa 'kin. We both stopped walking.

"Ches,"

Heart beating so fast, I looked at the back. To my surprised, it's Bon. And this time, hindi ako namamalikta!

"Omg..." Xia whispered beside me. Hindi agad ako nakapagsalita. Nagising lang ako sa pagkatulala nang magpaalam si Xia para umalis.

"Sunod ka na lang," And just like that, she left me with Bon.

Nauna na siya para pumunta kay SB. I never expected this. I never expect he was really here, in front of me, in Palawan. Ayokong mag-expect na ako ang pinunta niya dito dahil andito si SB.

He's SB's brother.

We met SB, two weeks after we went here in Palawan to escape. After the painful things happened, Xia and I decided to escape the pain we felt. We decided to travel all the way here just like we planned to go. I'm not expecting the trip we planned happened not just because we want but because we needed it. We need to escape the reality and make ourselves better after the storm. Then we met SB. She also went here to prove herself to be more and to escape the reality like Xia and I does. Hindi niya sinabi yung totoong reason pero naiintindihan naman namin. Maybe, she's adjusting. Ayaw niya lang din siguro na mag-open up muna sa ibang tao. Trust is a big word. Hindi naman madaling magtiwala.

We stroll the beauty of the resort with SB. We did snorkeling, kayaking, and even scuba diving. We sometimes went at the bar with her. It was fun. Xia and I met another friend. Another important person for us. But I didn't expect she's Bon's sister.

"In any chance, do you know Bonifacio Dominguez?" I asked SB. I didn't know why I asked out of nowhere her surname. Nagulat ako nang kaapilyedo niya si Bon.

However, Xianna and I didn't told her that I had a relationship with his brother. We stated quiet. Ayokong magkaroon kami ni SB ng misunderstading because he's her brother. Nasaktan ko din si Bon. Pareho kami kahit na siya yung nang-iwan. Maybe SB knew about his brother past already so we just stayed quiet for a while. I was shy too because I didn't even make a chance to meet her and join them to mourn when tito Carlos died. But along the way, she still need to know about it as our friend so she knew it.

"H-ey," That's all I can say. Hindi ko alam kung anong sasabihin ko sakanya. Bakit siya andito?

He put his both hands on his pocket and smiled at me. He smiled at me!