Ch.13: Phantom Lord (Part 4)

Natsu wasn't the smartest person on Earth. In fact, he was perhaps the stupidest person on the face of the earth as could be seen from his pointless attempt to destroy Jupiter's barrel with fists. However, his sense of belonging to Fairy Tail and his dedication to protecting his family was second to none.

"Damn, I can't even scratch it," Natsu cursed as he kept punching the cannon, "at this rate he'll shoot again."

"I guess we'll have to destroy it from the inside, huh?" Happy suggested.

Natsu stopped hitting the cannon and turned to Happy, nodding. If destroying it from the outside was not possible, they had to do it from the inside. Natsu and Happy approached the end of the cannon and threw themselves into the barrel at great speed until they reached a room with a huge lacrima crystal placed in the centre. Around the walls there were four smaller spheres, and, on the ceiling, there was a large clock with Roman numerals.

The minute hand moved, and a synthesized female voice announced: [Eleven minutes to Jupiter activation]

"They must use that Lacrima to collect the magic energy," Happy realized.

"Yes," Natsu said, "but why do they need such a big one?"

"Because magic cannons don't fire regular ammunitions," the cat replied, "instead they fire concentrated magic power bullets"

"I didn't understand much of what you said honestly," the pink-haired wizard confessed, "but all we have to do is destroy that thing, right?"

"I cannot allow it," a male voice replied to Natsu's question.

Natsu and Happy looked down and saw a man with black and white hair. He was wearing an orange-red coat with red fur around his neck, black pants, and black boots. There was a katana tied to the belt. He was Totomaru, one of Element 4.

"Is he the guard it?" Happy looked into it.

"Damn it!" Natsu screamed as he jumped towards Totomaru with his fists covered in flames, "whoever gets in my way will be reduced to ashes!"

Totomaru stood still with a confident smile on his face. "I don't think so," he said arrogant.

Suddenly, Natsu and Happy were stunned when Natsu caught his own fist hitting him in the face.

"Natsu!" Happy warned, "why are you hitting yourself?"

"I didn't! My fist went crazy!" he replied indignantly.

Natsu recovered in mid-air and glanced at the man dressed as a ninja. He did not know what had happened, but he was certain it was his doing.

"I told you," Totomaru arrogantly said, "I won't let you destroy that lacrima"

The Fire Dragon Slayer continued to stare at his opponent but was brought back to reality when the minute hand of the clock shifted again.

[Ten minutes to Jupiter activation]

Natsu had to hurry. He had to destroy the Lacrima Crystal to destroy Jupiter. To do so, however, he had to first fix the Phantom Lord idiot who stand before him.

Natsu again wrapped his first in fire as his rage made his flames burn more. Before the Fire Dragon Slayer could reach him, Natsu again took a punch in the face that knocked him to the ground.

Happy flew to him worried. "Are you okay?" the blue cat asked.

Natsu got up quickly and rubbed the sore side of his face. "Yes, thank you," he nodded indignantly, "what was that?"

"We don't have time!" Happy exclaimed, frantically shaking his paws, "forget this guy and think about the cannon! We must destroy it now!"

Natsu ignored Happy's warning, too busy staring at Totomaru angry.