Ch.22: Tower of Heaven (Part 4)

Children.

Merlin had no idea how to take care of children. He had not even taken care of Artoria after King Uther had died, leaving her in the care of Sir Ector and Kay and had left Yuto to Rin after Gilgamesh's attack.

And yet, there he was, trying to look after two hyperactive girls.

"Hey, I'm hungry!" Martha said, grabbing the right sleeve of the white tunic Merlin was wearing.

"We want to play. Let's go to Daddy," Jack said, while she was clinging to his left sleeve.

Sitting on one of the many stools of the Resort bar, Merlin sighed wearily. He preferred to be anywhere other than that monotonous resort, possibly with a beautiful woman and not of two hyperactive girls.

Merlin stared at Sho's card and smiled when he came up with an idea. "I have a nice game for you," he said grabbing one card, "do you see the cards lying around?"

Marta and Jack nodded.

"Pick them up and whoever finds more will win..." Merlin looked around looking for something that looked like a prize, but he wasn't very lucky, "... how about what you want?"

"What I want, huh?" Marta smiled extensively, "I am going to win"

"Even Jack are going to win," Jack smiled excited.

The girls left and Merlin sighed wearily. Somehow, he managed to distract them, but the magus of flower wondered how Makarov managed to manage an entire guild of hyperactive wizards?

"Looks like a hurricane went through here."

Merlin turned around and saw two people making their way through the rubble. He was not surprised to see the face of his pupil Artoria and her husband Shirou because he had noticed some time ago their arrival. His clairvoyance allowed him to see. Nothing that happened in the present escaped his gaze.

"I admit I'm surprised to see you here... both of you," Merlin said, "I didn't think he loved this show so much that he bothered his old limbs to make it even more compelling... and twice in a short space of time above all"

Artoria and Shirou approached Merlin. Even Artoria could not forget Merlin's face although she was rather surprised that he had left his tower.

"Well, would you mind telling us what's going on here?" Artoria impatiently asked, "it seems that a Berserker has passed in its state of Mad Enchantment"

Merlin smiled. "Are you so anxious to go into battle as soon as you arrived?" he froze when he received a glaring look from Artoria. "I get it," Merlin sweated nervously, "but can you just wait a few moments? I'm waiting for someone else"

And in fact, that someone was on his way. In a puff of wind, accompanied by black feathers, Morgan Le Fay arrived at the Akane Resort, followed by Rin, Lancelot, Tristan.

"Shirou! Saber!" Rin exclaimed surprise, "what... how the hell are you here? You should be dead!"

Rin was confused and Merlin told her that they had left Avalon with the help of Wizard Marshall. Rin grunted. Old Troll was the handler who sent her to Earthland.

Artoria smiled, but then noticed his two knights; the only two knights who had the courage to challenge her authority as King. Tristan, the Knight of Lamentation, who had the courage to openly declare that King Arthur did not understand the hearts of people, and Lancelot, who declared that she had only commanded the soldiers but had never led them.

Artoria want to say something like "sorry, it was all my fault", but the words choked in her throat and she couldn't help but look away from the two Knights of Round Table and her older sister.