loving to hate him

mara and i were sat cross-legged in the slytherin common room, talking to daphne greengrass about cedric diggory.
"he is so goodlooking, do you think he'd like me? i was talking to him whilst walking up the stairs the other day and.. ugh. i got butterflies."
i rolled my eyes at daphne's ridiculous remarks. it was quite funny though, it seems she loves EVERYONE at first sight.
"what about you, mar? do you fancy anyone?"
mara went bright red and looked as if she'd cry.
"erm.." her voice was shaky but she seemed to pull herself together.
"well.. no. no i don't." said mara, not meeting our eyes. i knew exactly what she was thinking. she had told me about the endless letters her and connor cram had shared, how he had kissed her when she had been to visit cinnamon. i've seen him at school with his friends mucking about, but i don't think him and mar had talked since we've been at school. we'd walk past him and she'd try her best not to look, but i could tell how hurt she was that she couldn't be with him. i think she loves him.
"okay that was weird." daphne laughed and it seemed to lighten the mood.
"what about you, grace?" she raised her eyebrows and giggled.
"erm, yeah. no one." i have no clue why but the thought of draco came to mind. i don't even like him, nevermind have feelings for him so why? i shook away the thought and changed the subject.
an hour had passed and daphne and mara went up to sit in bed for a half hour before they went to bed. it was ten-thirty and i was the only one in the common room, reading my history of magic textbook. it's so quiet and calm in there. the snake on the wall seemed to be staring at me. i stares back for a few minutes, then went back to reading. my feet were cold despite having socks on, so i rapped my emerald green velvet blanket around me and contemplated going up to bed. the stained glass window covering one of the doors was fluttering, and draco entered the room. he stood in the doorway and leaned against the door, with his arms folded staring at me. he was frowning like i had done something wrong.
"what do you want, malfoy?" i asked
he looked away whilst talking to me.
"i don't want anything,"
he looked me up and down.
"potter. i was going to come sit in here but there you are. why do you seem to be wherever i go? i sit next to you in nearly ALL of my classes. think you have an obsession, potter."
i stood up.
"oh yes draco. i'm obsessed with you. thank you for gracing me with your presence."
i replied sarcastically. i grasped my hands together and acted like i was ever so thankful before turning around and dropping my weight back onto the couch. i picked my book back up and ignored him. i could see him grinning out of the corner of my eye. he stayed in the doorway and watched me for a moment. my skin was on fire because i knew he was staring but i daren't look back. why did i feel like i was being lightly touched on every single one of my nerve endings when i was around him? i don't like him. he's horrible to harry. he called hermione a mudblood! i wanted to punch him in the throat. but i also.. i don't even know. i needed to set aside these mixed feelings and go to bed. i hate draco malfoy. end of.

that night was very hot, i took the duvet off my bed and sleep in a sheet, with my left leg wrapped up and my head under a pillow. i sighed and pouted. everyone was asleep but me. my mind started wandering and played the memory of draco in my head. "think you're obsessed, potter"
my heart fluttered at just the thought of his voice in my head. what was wrong with me? i hate him. i hate him i hate him i. hate. him.