the yule ball

(draco's point of view)
it's been pretty much ten minutes. she isn't coming.
i knew she wouldn't come. i knew it. my heart felt heavy in my chest as i though of the hope i had held five minutes ago. why didn't she want to come? what had i done wrong?
i turned around to finally walk away as i saw pansy staring up at the stairs in awe, and there she was.
i think my jaw physically dropped without me realising. i saw an elegant, emerald green figure carefully tiptoeing down the stone steps. her hair was tied back revealing her delicate, radiant face. all eyes were on her. i had to fight off the urge to hit all of the people staring at her. though it also made me happy. she was here with me.
grace looked anxious when she glared at all of the beady eyes accross the room. had she no idea how dazzling she was?
i locked eyes with her and she smiled unintentionally, obviously embarrassed from all of the staring but all i could see was her glistening brown eyes. the room began to spin and all i could think about was her. i tried to take in every centimetre  of her body but i just couldn't, she was so immaculately angelic my brain couldn't begin to fathom how someone could look like that.
before i had realised she was at the bottom of the stairs, her finnicky, bony hand in mine whilst she was curtsying. everyone, and i mean everyone in the room was whispering in shock but i don't care for them. my entire world right now was her.
the music started up and it was time to dance. the everlasting grin on my face was obviously making her self conscious, so i knew i needed to say something.
"i thought you wouldn't come!" i laughed through my smile.
"yeah, well. i didn't want you to embarrass yourself by trying to dance alone tonight."
i chuckled and glanced over to the rest of the people getting in position and signaled we should go over. everyone was still gawking at grace, even peering over their own partners shoulder to see her. my hand was scorching as i placed it on her hip and smirked when she couldn't look me in the eye. the music played and we began the waltz. Although, we really were just mucking about and laughing about it but it was fun. it was happiness without anyone else's input and it's all i had never knew i needed my entire life. every so often i would pull her in closer and my face would be 2-3 inches away from hers, and i would pull away though every muscle in my body told me to lean down and kiss her with all of the feelings that were springing around my heart and spin her round and round like a dream. instead, we carried in pretending to do the waltz and i carried on pretending i couldn't hear her heavy gasps every time i pulled away. it seemed she had forgotten how to breathe when we were so close.

we danced all night and grace laughed at my "amazing" moves, we'd both forgotten there was anyone else in the room. it was strange, i didn't feel the need to make a snarky comment so that i didn't seem too nice and she didn't feel the need to remind herself that she shouldn't feel this way about me. i was so undeniably happy. 
as everyone was leaving grace saw granger crying and yelling at weasley. i could almost hear the cogs go round in her head whilst she bit on her glossy painted nails deciding whether to go over to her.
i wrapped her fingers around mine and pulled her away, choosing for her. i ran down the corridor as she attempted to chase after me, looking like an absent bride with her skirt in hand and her shoes echoing on the harsh stone floors.
"where are we going?!"
she insisted, she sounded assertive but her face was full of joy.
"you'll see" i replied, i couldn't help smiling as i was walking backwards feeling powerful.
i took grace down to the dungeons. she was skeptical, but followed on through. there's a small balcony by the dungeons where you could watch the sun set. it was a small room and quite cold but the the pinky-orange sun beams danced around the walls and looked quite majestic.
i watched her face light up whilst she took in the view, i was doing the same thing, only my view was better.
i breathed in heavily pondering what she would say next. she just smiled with all of her face and made my stomach feel funny
"wow.." her voice trailed off. she wanted to say something else but she didn't know quite what would fit into this perfect moment.
i watched as she sighed breathily and used both hands to try and tease the band and clip out of her hair. once she did it fell down and the bouncy curls framed her face like it was a famous mosaic. she's perfect.
i was so transfixed on her that i hadn't noticed she was shivering and i stood up, she did in unison almost as if without hesitation
"um, are you cold?" i asked, she grinned and said that she was so i took off my suit jacket and she blushed and smiled at the floor.
i wrapped it around her shoulders and she bent her wrists from the inside to pull it on and as i was stood over her, arms right around her. i looked her in the eyes and knew there was nothing else to do in this perfect space but to press my lips against hers.
as i did i held her face in my hands and i could feel the sun going down and the warmth gradually leaving my face.
i moved my hands down to her waist and pulled her closer and she held my shoulder, all i could do was pray this moment would never end.
but it did, and all of the content left my heart.