the final decision

"thanks myrtle!" i called to her and i got back a screechy
"a-anytime"
i picked up my skirt and ran to great hall. it was 8:06. draco said he would wait for 10 minutes.
i was at the top of the stairs, peaking behind a pillar and there he was. black suit, black tie clashing with his platinum hair and fair skin. draco was stood at the bottom corner of the steps trying not to make it obvious he was waiting for someone. he looked incredibly handsome. though, he seemed upset. for a swift moment i wondered why and then i realised. me.
weasley came past wearing what i can only assume to be a nightgown pried away from his great grandmothers dead body.
"what's with the face, malfoy? been stood up have you?" he laughed at his own joke though draco remained unimpressed.
"haha yes very funny weaslebee. even if i had been stood up, which i haven't, i would be stood up wearing something from the men's section. borrow those from your nana did you? can't even afford clothes." draco spat this all out within twenty seconds and ron frowned at him and walked off. i realised that it was 8:08 and i had to make a decision now. but i knew, when i had seen him, what my choice was. in fact, i think i had known all along. i took a deep breath, and turned back around towards the door.