Chapter Nineteen

S I E N A
. . .

Christmas

I slid my feet into my black and orange ones and looked at my army fatigue pants before whipping my head in King's direction. "I should dress girlier right? Yeah." I nodded taking the sneakers off and unbuttoning the pants and he chuckled.
"Stop Kingston it's not funny. You're not helping me."

"Cause why you acting like you never met them before?" He laughed. "I told you I don't even want to go. I'd rather stay here with your folks," he said for like to thirtieth time.

"No we're always here. We can at least spend a few hours with your people."

"I'm just saying, holidays aren't that big for us anyway,"

"But you said your nana has been trying to get everyone back together now since your mom is better." I said before pausing and giving him the sponge bob smirk. "You're nervous," I told him matter of factly  as if I was asking Squidward if he liked krabby patties. 

"Nervous for what?" he chuckled and I couldn't answer for sure, but I knew he was.
"Cause you don't want me to meet your family. I'm embarrassing? You don't love me forreal?" I playfully pouted and he chuckled.

"Siena shut up man," he demanded, pecking my lips and I blushed. "I'm more embarrassed of them for sure." he laughed. "You've met them and see they ain't nothing to be like that over."
"Great. Then you shouldn't be nervous." I smirked. "How do I look?" I asked, hoping the oversized white T-shirt that read "Temple Basketball" in black letters wasn't too much or too little  paired with faux leather tights and snakeskin booties. I skeptically looked at my boyfriend for his thoughts and chewed the corner of my lip.

He was right, I had met his people before but I'd never gone over when it was a holiday and all his cousins and shit were there. And it had me questioning how likable I was. Or wasn't.

"You look good baby," he chuckled. "For the third time."

"Okay, I'm done." I smiled and let him take my arms and throw them over his shoulder while he rested his on my waist. "If you want a hug just say that," I smirked and he laughed.

It was still a little surreal that we were actually together with no bullshit. It had only been a few weeks but I was still in bliss. But it was scary because while everything was going right, I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if things went wrong.

"You ready?" he asked pulling me from my thoughts and I nodded.

It was early afternoon still which meant we could chill over there for a few hours and still get to my house by evening for the Johnson Family shenanigans. Plus, I didn't have to help cook.

"Tell mommy and daddy I'm out," I told Tristan who lied on the couch pretending to be sleep so he wouldn't have to do anything.

"How you going out and I have to stay in?" he asked as he hopped up causing King to chuckle.

"You ain't me," I whispered before leaving out and accompanying Kingston to his car.

The car ride was comfortably silent as we cruised over icy streets. It was day time, but it was  dark and cold as fuck outside. The radio was off and as I turned to look at Kingston, he seemed to be in a daze even though he was driving normally. I watched him bite his lip and frown his forehead in thought and I smirked.  Like he could feel me staring, he turned to face me.