Summer break

I just finished my first year of college & my god am I ready for summer.
My uncle whose only 3 years older than me....so fucking weird right? Anyway, he's working Coachella this summer as a photographer and he asked me to be his assistant.
I grew up in a strict ass religious household so this will be my first concert experience. Sad, I know 🙄 Anyway, he's on his way down here to crash at my place while he's working the festival. He says I'm the only 20 year old college student that has their own house in LA that isn't some type of celebrity.
My grandpa invested in some stocks before I was born and left me some money. I knew right away I was going to buy myself a house and go to school. It ain't a mansion but I love it. I left my parents home a week after I turned 18. Don't get me wrong, I love them but I had to escape their controlling, religious based parenting. Plus they have NO IDEA Im Pansexual. If I want any type of love life, I had to leave.

My uncle Jay arrived late as hell last night

My uncle Jay arrived late as hell last night. But he was up before me making breakfast. "Morning sunshine!" He teased. I stumbled into the kitchen, zombie mode on making my way to the coffee.
"Morning." I mumbled. He laughed. I sat at the table, "So what's the plan?" I asked. He was shoveling a spoonful of oatmeal into his mouth. "Well I'm covering the main stage today that's all I know. Last year it was different everyday." He answered.
"Cool, so what do you need me to do?" I asked.
"Basically to just be my caddy. If I need a lense, a battery or a different camera it makes it easier to have someone else there with me so I won't miss out on shots digging through my bag, chancing dropping shit and stuff. Trust me, I've learned from last year lol." He said. "I'm gonna pay you too." He said shoving another spoonful of oatmeal in his mouth.
"Dope! I'm gonna go shower and get dressed, what time you wanna head out?" I asked.
"In like an hour, that cool?" He asked.
"Yep!" I answered.
I got out of the shower, doused my hair in dry shampoo and threw it into 2 loose French braids. I put on some tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip gloss and a little highliter. I didn't wanna over do it cuz I knew I was about to be sweating my ass off.

I threw on an oversized J Cole tee, cut off shorts and some comfortable shoes

I threw on an oversized J Cole tee, cut off shorts and some comfortable shoes. Then headed to the living room to see if Jay was ready to leave.
"Jay! I'm ready when you are!" I yelled out while loading up a small purse. Jay came out with a back pack full of his equipment. "Damn, you want me to carry all of that shit??" I asked nervously.
"Not all at the same time, it's not as heavy as it looks." He laughed.
We loaded everything up into my SUV and headed to the festival. Jay hung a big ass tag from my rear view mirror that let security know we were working with the press. We got there and the guard directed me into the direction of a fuck ton of tour buses. "Park anywhere that says staff!" He directed. I nodded and slowly drove off.
I parked. Jay hopped out immediately and opened the trunk, he handed me a wrist band that was all black and a lanyard that said staff in bright neon yellow.
"Guard it with your life." He said. I put it around my neck & he put the bracelet on my wrist.
"Alright I'll carry the bag when I'm not shooting, let's head inside and find out what our schedule is." He explained. I followed him.
We got to this chaotic area behind the main stage. Everyone had staff bracelets and lanyards on. Jay found the director and was finding out exactly what we were going to shoot.
I sat down on a bench and chugged some water. I felt someone sit next to me but I was finishing up reading this shit my friend just posted on facebook.
I finally glanced over and almost had a heart attack.
"Hey, how are you?" She asked
"Hot, but good." I laughed nervously.
She giggled. "It's hot as fuuuuck, bro." She replied.
I laughed nervously again. She reached over and grabbed my lanyard. "What do you do?" She asked.
"Oh, ummm, I work for my uncle, he's a photographer." I answered. "Oh dope! Tell him my good side is my right side." She said as she stood up.
She extended her hand towards me, "I'm Billie by the way. You gonna be here all week?" She asked
"I'm Rae, and I'm not sure yet." I answered nervously shaking her soft hand.
"Well, I hope I see you around.....Rae." She winked and disappeared up the stairs to the main stage.
Holy shit, I felt like I didn't take a breath the entire time we were talking. Jay walked up to me.
"Were you just talking to Billie Eilish???" He asked surprised."Yeah.....she said her good side is her right side." I giggled. He smiled "Good to know, you ready?? She's going on in 5 I gotta get out there." He explained. My stomach sank a little. "Ready as I'll ever be lol." I said nervously throwing his backpack on. "Let's go!" He said.
He was excited, I could tell. He loved his job & he was fucking amazing at it too. I followed him to an area at the front of the stage. We were right in front of the crowd barriers where security stood.
It was packed as fuck!!!

I handed Jay his camera and lens then sat the bag up against the stage, "keep it on Rae we're gonna be moving around a lot

I handed Jay his camera and lens then sat the bag up against the stage, "keep it on Rae we're gonna be moving around a lot." He explained. Fuck, I thought to myself this is gonna be exhausting.
Billie's intro started to play and people were freaking out. Jay handed me earplugs. "Thanks!!" I yelled.
"Whatever you do, just follow me okay!" He hollered again. I nodded aggressively to make sure he knew I heard him. We stood there waiting for them to come out.

We were 4 songs into her set & I was sweating my out of shape ass off. I was so thankful she pulled out a stool to do a slow song 😂
Jay was sweating but he was so focused he seemed unbothered by everything, the heat, the screaming & the loud ass bass speakers. I grabbed my water and chugged it. I lifted Jays straw to his mouth so he could get a drink while his hands were full.
When the party's over ended and bad guy started. We were gonna be moving again, fuck.
She came all the way to end of the stage, Jay was right underneath her shooting his shots. I looked up, she saw me and winked. My stomach felt like it was filled with butterflies that were on fire 🦋🔥
I noticed something drop off of the stage as she took off to the other end. I bent over to pick it up. Holy shit it was one of her chains. I slipped it into my pocket, wondering how I was going to get it back to her.