10

We pull over in a dark, abandoned street. The taxi driver gets out the car and comes to my door. I realise I am shaking with fear. The door swings open and the man drags me out and I land on the dirty pavement.

I look up at the unknown face before a had hits my cheek. I flop to the side and everything goes black.

****************

My eyes peel open and the light burns. I look around a small room with graffiti on the walls and litter on the floor. It takes me a second to realise what has happened. When I do I panic. I start shaking again and I notice the ropes around me chest, knees and ankles, tying me to an old creeky chair. I have some tape over my mouth so I can't scream. I start to shake the chair to get someones attention, anyones. The chair tips and from my sideways point of view I see the taxi man enter and, once again, smack me around the head, erupting me in darkness.

******

I awake for the second time. The light is brighter now, a lot brighter. I try to move and I can. Soft silk touches my skin and I am comfy. I open my eyes and realise now I am in a white bed. A pure white bed with pure white covers and pure white pillows. I look down to see I am in pure white, silk pyjamas. I look around the room, confused. The walls are white, draws and carpets. There is a cool breeze coming in through a thin balcony, with white curtains. It kind of hurts my eyes all the whiteness.

I climb out of the bed and wonder over to the door. I place my hand on the gold doorknob and twist. The door swings open.

I peek around the door to see a white hallway. Am I dead? I walk along to see a living room at the end, surprisingly, in light grey. I tiptoe in and see a figure sitting alone on the grey sofa. He slouches, dressed in rolled up blue skinny jeans, a stripy t shirt and a hat. I know that look.

'Olly?' I whisper.