Chapter 18

He was right now in the meeting to everyone chagrin. No one wanted him to aggravate anything, but he felt better, and he had his emergency asthma inhalator. It should be fine, and they even had a ventilator ready for when he wouldn't manage to breath well. Still no one wanted him to aggravate his Asthma.

"We have confirmation that Honerva (Haggar's real name) beast have touched down on planets Sanook, VeXilum, Siiz, and we continue to receive more transmissions." Coran explained and he winced at this. Honerva was someone that he never wanted to have on the bad side. She was straight up nuts and scary.

"This consistent with the reports I'm receiving as well." He heard a female called Veronica explain.

"The wormhole signatures we discovered on Olkarion, they were a map where the Robeast were heading. They must have been waiting this entire time." Pidge said and he glanced up at the holograph of the map. One thing was clear, this won't end up well. It was a gut feeling he had, not after the first time they fought this damn thing.

They almost died and the thought alone made him furrow his brows. All he knew that this will never end up well. Then again this spoke his negative ass. He could just hope that he was wrong and that they could manage to stop them.

"They're targeting multiple fronts simultaneously. What do we do?" Keith asked and he could just wonder this as well. His anxiousness went up with this and he played with his sleeves, knowing that they couldn't be everywhere. Innocent people will suffer, and this was making him be on edge.

"We keep our calm. Coran continue to mark the planets where the beast have landed. Veronica, give us any real-time updates as they come in." Shiro said and he was trying to stay calm, but he felt on edge. Wally put his hands over his hands and giving them a reassuring squeeze under the table. It was helping him to stay a bit grounded. Wally was someone who could help him stay grounded and for that he loved him.

"Copy that. Just got another report from Sanook. Robeats are covered in some type of shield like a particle barrier." Veronica said as a picture was shown of this dreaded beast with a pink barrier around them. He shivered subconsciously going a bit closer to Wally, feeling unnerved by the picture alone.

"They're attacking the planet?" Allura asked and he felt Wally glance at him with concern as he knew how much this was unnerving him and concerning him as well. Innocent people could die, and this was always something that made him feel horrified that he couldn't rescue them.

"Not yet." Veronica answered and he was on edge with this. They need to do something, but they couldn't do much. Too many Robeast at the same time and this was making him feel on edge but also trying to figure out a way to rescue people.

"We-We should evacuate pe-people, or else they could end up dy-dying." He said nervously and now all eyes were on him.

"I think that would be the best cause of action as well." Lance said and he breathed out as feeling the eyes shift to his brother figure.

"We can't let them harm innocent people and it's better than having them get killed." Keith said next and he was grateful for this.

"The planets are reporting activity. The Robeasts are siphoning Quintessence." Veronica said suddenly and his breath hitched.

"We need to engage them all and rescue as many people as we can. We are talking about triage here." General Iverson said and he huffed out because this was what he said before but shrugged it off. It wasn't the first time that he got ignored. But wasn't meaning that he wasn't feeling hurt.

"That's what Dickie suggested before." Lance huffed out and he gave his brother figure a tense thankful smile which the male returned.

"That was why Dickie said this probably, anyway. We could split up the lions." Keith first sharply said this and then added the last part with an urgency.

"One Lion can't handle can't handle a Robeast on it's own." Hunk said and he could just agree about this. Because they almost have died and there they had been fighting as Voltron against one. A shiver going through his body.

"No, but it could slow them down, buy us some time." Keith said next and he was feeling tense and knowing Wally the male will follow him into his lion. It was necessary with him not fully healed yet. His asthma could be in the way but with Wally there he would feel more at ease.

"U say we attack them with the totality of our forces and wormhole from target to target." Shiro suggested and he found that idea good. So, they could be fast enough there and could rescue more people faster.

"No. We must attack Oriande directly. I think I know what Honerva is doing." Allura stood up and butted in. His gaze went over to her and he had to agree with her. They had to take down the root. When they would attack the place which the Robeast come from they could end this all.

"We know Honerva has the ability to create wormholes and that these wormholes are emanating from Oriande. She used a Robeast to steal the Olkari cubes, which can mimic an intensify energy at a distance. And those Robeast are essentially armed with armed with Kormar's, able to drain and transmit massive..." Allura explained but he was tuning her out feeling this a bit too much information at the same time. It was just that this explaining will cost peoples live.

"Yeah, yeah. How about we just get going? I don't want to risk talking any longer than necessary, after all people's lives are on the lines." He butted in soon, emotions turned off and his expression calm. Right now, he was in Nightwing mode and Wally knew this.

"He is right. The longer we talk the more people are in danger." Wally butted in next and giving everyone a look.

"What I am getting from the bits you explained that Honerva is draining Quintessence for something. Whatever it is needs that much energy that it is draining the entire universe or something. Either way we can't wait any longer. I would say we Paladin's are going to Oriande and you try to rescue as many people." His voice was sharp and even eyes. It showed that he was done talking.

"This is..."

"No time, to be shocked. We have to go now or else it will end up badly." His voice cut off everyone who wanted to say more.

"Richard is right." Allura said and he breathed out. "You sure you want to go? With your Asthma?" Her concerned question made him give her a smirk.

"I am not to underestimated. Trust me I have been in this hero business since I have been 9 years old, and that with my Asthma." He confidentially said and everyone stared at him and he huffed out and giving a narrowed look. Right now, he was Nightwing and not Dickie.

"I will be there with him, after all what boyfriend would I be." Wally said with a grin and he glanced back as standing up.

It was decided that the rebels, would be the once rescuing people with Matt the older brother of Pidge would be in charge of this. Voltron and Atlas would be the one in charge for attacking Oriande. Something told him that it would not be easy, and he feared that they wouldn't manage to win. But all he could do was hope for the best.