Chapter 6: The apartment

Stuart's pov:

We pulled up to the apartment complex and parked in front.

"Get your shit out of the car" he said as he walked up to the door of the building and kept it open.

I grabbed all my stuff and mumbled under my breath while walking up to him "Why do I have to carry this shit if you were the one who insisted I move in.."

"What was that?" he snarled as I walked into the building. I flinched and played it off.

"I'm sorry... here, lemme help" he grabbed two bags and walked up the stairs before opening the door

"This place is a shit hole but trust me, it's better than getting beat up... right?" he smiled a sad smile as I threw myself on the couch, leaving my bags near the door.

It wasn't the worst place I've ever seen. The only distinct thing about it was the smell of alcohol and cigarettes. Other than that, and the multiple beer cans laying on the floor, I'd say it was a nice little place.

"Oi, it's not much but I can sleep on the couch. You can take my room" He pulled me off the couch and showed me to his room.

"Thanks Murdoc" I sat on his bed and he started cleaning up, shoving dirty clothes in his laundry basket and organizing his shoes. I walked up to him and rested my hand on his chest

"You don't have to clean. Honestly I'm kinda of tired, I'll just go to bed, yeah?" I smiled up at him before blushing and looking away

"Y-Yeah that's fine..." he trailed off and continued a few seconds later. "There are more blankets in the top drawer... in case you get cold" He walked towards the door.

"If I get cold I'll just go cuddle with you, Mudz" I laughed and waltzed towards the bed before plopping myself down on it. He smirked and leaned against the door, closing it fully.

"Yeah, I like that idea, face ache" he walked closer as I got under the covers. Why is he still in here?

I felt the bed sink in behind me and I turned around quickly. "Murdoc w-what are you doing?" I asked as he smirked lightly before letting out a yawn.

"Yeah there's absolutely no way I'm sleeping on the couch. It's as hard as a rock" he turned so his back was towards me and he sighed before continuing

"Goodnight, song bird" he added

great... more pet names.

"Goodnight, Mudz" I stayed up for a few minutes, contemplating whether or not I should hug him. Or tell him I appreciate what he's done for me... but I didn't do either. Instead, I let myself fall asleep, the thoughts fading as quickly as they entered.

~~time skip, 6:30 am~~

I woke up to Murdoc exiting the room. Why is there so much light in here I thought as I squinted and raised a hand over my face. I threw my legs over the bed and reached for my clothes that were on the floor. Wait why am I only wearing my boxers? I blushed and quickly put on my pants, leaving my shirt on the bed.

"There you are! Why'd you sleep in?" Murdoc asked while pouring coffee into a mug, not looking up at me once.

"Erm, I didn't?" I looked around and scratched the back of my neck