t h r e e

The reason this took so long was becauSE I wrote the chapter already (over 3k words) and it got deleted and I rage quit. I'm sorry.

I don't know what happened.

It all happened so quickly.

I didn't mean for it all to go to rock bottom in a matter of minutes. 

One second, I'm in the kitchen with Hans watching him cook pancakes, and then everyone's flying out in the door. And of course, I followed them, why wouldn't I? But how was I supposed to know that Red Shoes was being chased by some... some giant, wooden, man-eating bunny? And the last thing I expected was Merlin to have lightning shooting out of his palms. And Arthur to have intense strength. The twins can invent anything and Jack can turn invisible.  

And I guess that I perhaps, maybe, kinda, sorta let the cat out the bag? I mean in regards to my powers. Just as I said, one second I was enjoying some delicious pancakes and then, I'm standing outside and everyone's staring at me in a mixture of awe and confusion.

"Woah..." Red Shoes gawked. The bunny was trapped inside a glacier of ice, it's wooden ear twitched randomly. 

"Well," Arthur began, a little star stuck. "That's definitely one way to do it."

"I'm sorry, I-" The words came out of my mouth in a stammer, and my heart was beating out of my chest. How do you explain to someone you can't control your powers? Not to mention that it's common knowledge that the only women who have powers are...

Princesses, fairies and witches. 

My body went cold. Oh god. Did I have to tell them I was a princess? What was going to happen if they find out I'm wanted by insanely powerful people? Will they turn me in?

Even worse, what if I say I'm a witch? Witches are considered evil. And there's been, like, maybe two "good" witches in the course of History. Do I risk it? I can probably fight them off if it came to that. 

"Y/n!" 

I blinked myself out of the trance I was in. I looked up, the sudden realization that I had just repeating the words "I'm sorry" over and over again.

Red Shoes reached her hand out, offering it to me reassuringly. I stepped away from it, the my heel hitting a tree root sticking out of the ground. I fell backward, the lower part of my spine hitting the ground hard. A shot of ice burst from my palms, smacking the center of a tree trunk. 

I looked up, horrified. What was I doing? Was I trying to get myself thrown into the dungeons of Trolls?!

"I'm sorry, I can't- I can't control them, I-"

Merlin started laughing which struck a chord in me. Was this some kind of joke to him? Was my demise and blatant fear hilarious? Oh God, I think I'm gonna be sick. 

"Arthur do you remember when I first started magics-" Merlin managed to choke out. Arthur's face dawned with realization and he started to laugh as well. 

"You mean do I remember the time you electrocuted my dad?" Arthur asked. All the other dwarves seemed to recall that moment and laugh themselves. 

"Y/n, not everyone has it easy when it comes to controlling their powers," Merlin began, pulling out a small piece of paper. "I channel my magic through lightning cards."

He bent the piece of paper between two fingers and snapped with it, a ball of light suddenly dancing between his fingers. 

"See?" He asked reaching his hand out. I stared at it and gulped. Nodding, I placed my hand on his palm and he helped me up.