T h i r t e e n

EPILOGUE

Her hands found the curve of her torso as she fingered the material clinging to her body. Before her was a large vanity mirror. In its reflection was a white dress that sinched the wearer's waist in a way that made her dainty.

She was a bride. She felt beautiful.

She was beautiful.

You could see it in her smile and the way her eyes eagerly sparkled in any direction or lighting. You could see it in the slight bounce in her step, the lightness of her gesticulating hands. Her cheeks were permanently flushed and her gut was always warm no matter what temperature the room was. You could see it in the way she softly gazed at herself in the mirror.

She was in love.

-~-~-~-~-

Your pov

"Y/n? You ready?"

I was pacing, nerves wracking at my heaving chest and butterflies multiplying by the second in my twisting gut. My mother had uncrossed her legs and stood up from her seat. She practically floated to me and she placed a reassuring hand on my elbow.

"It's time, you know," She said gently. "We've already paid for everything so please don't tell me you're having second thoughts-"

"No!" The word escaped my mouth before I could even process what my mother told me.

"I do want to get married it's just..." I trailed off and my fingers began fidgeting.

"Nervous?" My mom offered, coming up behind me, hugging me, and resting her chin on my shoulder.

"What if he doesn't want to get married anymore?" I asked, my bottom lip slipping in between my teeth. My mother's face fell and then she made a noise that could've been a sneeze or a burp. She covered her mouth, her widened eyes finding mine in the mirror's reflection.

"Oh goodness me, I have no idea what that was," she began, her ears turning red. "How unladylike..."

I rolled my eyes and pulled myself away, turning towards her. My mother eyed me up and down before her eyes searched my face. She broke out into a smile.

"You look wonderful, Y/n," She said softly. "That boy knows he's lucky but doesn't know how lucky. He wants to marry you, I can say that confidently. Those puppy dog eyes tell you all you need to know."

I felt a smile spread into my cheeks.

"Yeah, he's pretty head over heels for me, huh?" I said sheepishly. My mother rolled her eyes and then froze.

"Did I just..." She wore a look of horror. "Roll my eyes? What is up with me today?"

"Mum," I deadpanned. "I am getting married."

She looked at me and gave me a nervous smile.

"Right. Married. My little girl is getting M..." She broke off and I saw her lips tremble from across the room.

"Mum, don't cry. Cause then I'll cry, and I can't do my make up again, it took too long-"

"I'm not going to cry! It's just... wow!"

She took a few seconds to compose herself and then straightened her back and dusted nonexistent dirt off the front of her dress.

"You're a wife to be and you know what is tradition to wear to a royal wedding," She said slowly, walking slowly towards a wardrobe.

"Oh," I muttered quietly. "I almost forgot."

My mother hummed as she swung the closet door open. She reached in, pulling out a hanger with a velvet cloth draped over it. She stared at the material and ran her fingers over it, smiling fondly.