s i x

Here you go, a long chapter for you because you've waited so long ^.^;
Also, thank you everyone who has commented. They seriously are my favorite thing. Pls... don't stop.

~-~-~-

"Hans, you shouldn't have!" Red Shoes cooed as she stared, watery mouthed, at a plate of donuts the red-haired dwarf made for her.

"Something sweet for someone... sweeter," Hans responded with a smug smile.

I watched with my brows furrowed as Red Shoes hummed with delight as she took a bite of one of the desserts. They looked delicious and the smell wafting from the top filled my senses and left my brain a little staticky.

"Y/n, you have to try one," Red Shoes said as she scarfed the donut down. She slid the plate towards me after swiping a second one.

"Just let me know you want," Hans began as I reached for one myself. "Anytime. For za' rest of your life."

I snickered out loud at how forward Hans was being. It was as if they were all trying to court Red Shoes.

"Behold!" Jack said and began to go on about jewelers and diamonds. I rolled my eyes and turned my body away from them and stared down at the donut.

Only then did I notice the design on top of the dessert in my hand. There was a heart and Red Shoes' name was written in scarlet frosting. I blinked slowly at it. Well, Hans was very obvious about his affections.

With my thumb, I smeared her name out. It left me a red smudge along with a heart and I brought my finger to my lips. The frosting was delicious, naturally, and it's sugary sweet flavor left my taste buds craving more.

I placed the donut down in spite of my cravings and ignored my growling stomach.

"I don't want your jewels. Only your good intentions," Red Shoes said after dialogue I did not hear. I smiled to myself.

"My intentions are more than good! They're super bonne-"

"Testing one-two. Testing one... No, I'm pushing it, you dolt."

Everyone froze.

"Attention, hideous trolls!" The random voice continued and everyone scrambled to their feet to get to the window. "Is it dwarfs with an 'f' or dwarves with a 'v'? I wanna use whatever's more offensive."

"Oh, it's that loser, Prince Average," Jack said.

"Heard that! And it's Avv-Vous-Rauge!"

On a white horse, a blonde man surrounded by soldiers were standing outside of the house. He carried a device that amplified his voice.

"Inside your amateur attempt at a facade, of a sham, of a travesty, of a veneer of a castle is a gorgeous wanted criminal!" Prince Average began as he picked his nails. "I hereby command that all of you exit the premises and surrender post haste. Fail to comply and you will never see these two again."

That was the moment when we all saw Arthur and Merlin on their knees with their arms bound behind them. My soul left my body and I began to shake with anger. Wanted criminal? Oh god, were they after me? Did the troll king find out I was hiding out here?

"You have until three. One-!"

I got up, fists clenching. I can't put everyone else in danger.

"I have an idea," Hans said pulling some kind of shield from absolutely nowhere.

"Well, it's bound to happen at least once in your life," Jack muttered to himself.