o n e

Is it bad to see something so beautiful that you just have to stand inches from it just so you could simply admire the beauty it has to offer? What terrible could come if one were to go towards a golden fountain... filled with crystal waters, glowing bubbles, and silver mist overflowing it?

Can one be blamed for being... curious?

For being so tempted to cup your hands and dip them into the swirling water... just for a tiny sip?

Apparently you can be blamed.

You can be at fault for being simply... curious.

And you can be cursed for it.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

"Y/n!" Where are you going so late? You have classes very early in the morning!"

I fastened my cloak over my shoulders, tying the string around my neck to keep it from falling.

"I'm going for a stroll, mum, it'll help me get tired for bed!"

The moon was large tonight. And, according to my charts, it had been a Hunter's moon.

A full moon.

A moon so bright you could walk through the woods without a lantern. A moon so bright it bleeds through the leaves and lights your way.

My mother's head pops behind a wall, dark circles under eyes more beautiful than the stars themself.

"You will be quick, won't you? If you're tired during your studies, you won't learn much. And you need to learn how to control your-"

"Mum, remember what we talked about?" I asked her with a crooked grin and a raised brow. "No talk about my powers after dinner."

My mother blinked at me for a moment then nodded, swiping hairs out of her pretty face with dainty hands before placing them neatly on her waist.

"Right, right," She said quietly, mostly to herself as a reminder than an answer to me.

"Well, alright," She began and nodded her head once towards the door. "Go on, then. Pull your hood up, it's a bit chilly. I expect to see you in your bed by the time I go to my own!"

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

My hood fell over my eyes as I made my way out of my home. I practically ran down the stone steps, and into the grass field that separated our woods with the castle.

The owls sang for me as I walked through the tall grass, spinning as I closed my eyes and bathed in the moon's embrace.

That is until I misstepped and landed on my ankle. I tumbled down to the grass, and with a loud groan I managed to sit up, scowling when I saw my palms were bleeding.

Then I made eye contact with a creature of the woods. A dear stood twenty feet in front of me in the opening of the woods.

I was enamored by its beauty, the innocent of it's exterior more captivating then the flower I fell on just moments previously.

I stood, not even sparing a moment to dust the dirt of my robes and ignoring the stinging in my knees and palms before walking towards the sweet animal.

It waited until I was closer before turning around and walking deeper into the woods.

I hustled forward, leaning against the first tree I came in contact to. I watched as the dear paused and turned back to me, beckoning me to follow.