Act 18: The Mini's Discovery

MiniSere's P.O.V.

I was following Itsuki around today, since Edric was trying to cheer up Ahsoka and Serenity wouldn't stop worrying about Max. Larry and Jersey were on a date today and Aera... I don't even know what she's doing...

Oh yeah! And Carol, X, and Chrysta were trying to get X re-hired.

"I have to go to a meeting now, okay MiniSere?" Itsuki pat me on the head and led me to the library. "Stay here. Find something to read." She then left me alone there. The moment she was out of sight, I ran to the manga section.

"Where is it... mama said it existed in this time period..." I scanned the section, searching for the title of the best manga ever. "Found it... the very first edition of Zetra's Wish."

Someone then bumped into me. I looked up and saw her dark brown hair instantly.

"Oh! Sorry!"

"...hi."

"You like Zetra's Wish too?" I nodded. "Isn't it amazing?" I nodded again. "My friends don't really understand it, so I thought I might be the only one, but it seems I'm not! My name's Ariabelle!"

"I'm... Serenity."

"Serenity, huh." She got down on her knees so she could be eye level with me. "You seem a little young to be here by yourself. Where are your parents?"

"They're... busy. It's just me by myself today."

"Well then, why don't I check out some manga for you and we can read over at my favorite ice cream parlor?"

ICE CREAM?! YAY!

"Yes please!"

Mama told me to not be too trusting of strangers, but Ariabelle told me her name and likes Zetra's Wish, so she's not a stranger. Besides, she's going to help me get some manga and buy me ice cream!

"You look a lot like one of my friends from college... and I have another friend who shares your name too."

"Really?" Maybe she's talking about the other Serenity I know.

"Yeah! We were in English and Economics when we met."

"Cool!"

Ariabelle smiled. I knew she was nice.

But then I heard a noise in the forest... sounding like an explosion...

"Did you hear that?" Ariabelle asked me, standing up.

"Yep."

"We better check it out." I nodded, but then looked back at my ice cream. She seemed to notice that I did... "Right after we finish our ice cream, of course."

After we finished our ice cream, the two of us ran into the forest.

"Just think about cinders!" a voice exclaimed.

"I don't know what a cinder is!" another voice cried back. A familiar voice...

"Okay then... flint!"

"Whenever I try to make fire, I just get an explosion in the face! Why can't I just give up?!"

"It's a part of your prescription," another voice explained. What they were saying became clearer. We were nearing the place.

And then I saw it...

Three people... two girls and one boy...

But I saw one of the girls had silver braids... and I remembered who she was.

"Destiny...? How-?"

"Is that your sister?" Ariabelle asked me.

"No. She should've been gone already though..." How does she still exist? This makes no sense...

"I'll take care of this," the boy said. The girl led Destiny into a portal that took her away.

Okay. I feel really guilty.

Destiny's new crowd seems a little... evil?

The boy took two steps forward before dropping into a roll. Next thing I knew, he was right in front of us and had jabbed us in multiple places. I feel really numb.

"Now it's sleepy time..." He threw some sparkly thing on us and then everything turned black.

When I woke up, Itsuki was yelling at Ariabelle for "making me disobey direct orders."

They know each other?

"SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO STAY AT THE LIBRARY UNTIL I GOT BACK FROM MY MEETING!"

"Sorry, Itsuki. I bonded with her over a really good book and then we got some ice cream..."

I was back at the group home...

In my room.

I need to talk to someone...

But who would listen to what I have to say?

~~~~~~~~~~

MiniSere gets a chapter!

Ice Cream!

Ariabelle has returned!

Surprise!

Happiness after a lot of sadness!

And then more sadness just to make you mad at me!

Just kidding!

That's just how I write.

That's all.

Bye!