YEDAM

"how could you do this without telling me about it?" jihoon asked yedam after the two arrived home that day. the younger male had to explain to the other as to who he was talking to at the library and why they were having a conversation from seven feet away, and yedam tried to lie, but he was terrible at it and jihoon was able to see right through the younger.

"i didn't think that you would need to know," yedam said, telling the truth.

it was no secret that yedam was talking to jihoon about giving the strawberry milk to doyoung, who smelled extremely strongly of baby powder, twice a day for the past week. the second year university student's older brother was currently lecturing him as to why he would do such a thing when one, he's allergic to baby powder, two, can't be near anyone or anything with or near baby powder, and three, doyoung smelled like he was an actual bottle of baby powder himself.

"why would i not need to know about you going close to someone who smells so strong of baby powder that you can smell it through your mask?"

"because it's nothing you should really be concerned about," yedam stated, wanting to end the conversation that they seemed to have everyday recently. jihoon was, no doubt, overprotective of his younger brother, and even though the second year university student knew that he meant well, he still couldn't help but be irritated at jihoon from time to time.

"nothing to be concerned about? yedam, you could've fucking hyperventilated when giving him the milk because of the strong baby powder scent. hell, you could've had an extremely severe allergic reaction when he grabbed your wrist," jihoon stated, not bothering to censor himself in front of his bother and still very concerned for the younger's well being. the older male had seen yedam at the library earlier that day after going there to pick up the younger male, only to find that he was talking with someone that smelled extremely strong of baby powder. although people other than yedam were unable to smell baby powder, jihoon miraculously was able to smell the product as well as yedam, and at first, the first year university student was happy that he wasn't the only one who could smell it.

but nowadays, yedam wished that jihoon wasn't able to smell it like him, and situations like this, where the older gets too overprotective of the other around people wearing baby powder, that feeling grows larger and larger. jihoon was overprotective, yes, even the third year university student could admit it himself, but he only wanted the younger to be more careful because there wasn't really any way to help prevent yedam's hyperventilation whenever he comes in contact with his allergy, and both the allergic male and his older brother hated how that was the case.

yedam's allergy, as his entire family had found out, wasn't able to be reduced or helped by allergy medicine. after a whole year of testing that, it only turned to make the said boy's allergy worse and caused him to be hospitalized for seven months when yedam was in his last year of middle school. knowing about this, yedam hasn't even touched the claritin that the nurse gave to him about a week ago after leaving the hospital. apparently, she was not notified about yedam's allergy getting worse with anti-allergy medication. the entire box was still intact, sitting in the medicine cabinet untouched by anyone, especially yedam.

the only thing that could mildly help yedam with his allergy was wearing a mask, a scented one at that. the mask covers over his nose and mouth and with the light scent of febreeze coming from the inside of the mask, that was efficient enough to prevent yedam from hyperventilating around baby powder. without the mask, he would've been near to death several times with his countless interactions and collisions with people who all wear baby powder.

the only people that yedam knows who don't wear baby powder is his family and friends, and they all don't wear it due to yedam's allergy. other than that, the second year university student hasn't necessarily met anyone else who doesn't wear baby powder, and recently, it feels as if the world wants to mock him because people seem to be carrying a bottle of baby powder everywhere.