DOYOUNG

"where is seunghun hyung now?"

doyoung saw jihoon's jaw clench as he got enraged once again. he lunged for the first year university student once more, but failed to land a punch on him as hyunsuk and yoonbin pulled him back, the others putting their arms out to prevent the panda-looking male to get any farther forward.

"your older brother is the abuser of my younger brother and you dare ask me where he is?!" jihoon yelled at the younger male, obviously pissed and angry at the entire situation.

it wasn't like doyoung wasn't feeling the same way. he was pissed, angry, disappointed, mad about everything that was going on, and on top of that, sorrow and feelings of mourning were present inside him at the moment as well. instinctively, the first year university student's hands clenched into fists tighter than they already were, if that was possible.

"i apologize for asking where my older brother is to your face, but i didn't ask to provoke you. he promised that he would be here, next to me, when my mom dies. he promised, yet where is he? not here. he wasn't here to hug me, let me cry on his shoulder, assure me that everything was going to be okay. he wasn't here for me and now i find out that he was bullying yedam, the person that i've had very strong feelings for for a while now?"

the business management felt tears prickling his eyes, once again threatening to fall, but held them back and tried to stay strong. he wouldn't let the fight between breaking down and continuing on end this way. he wanted to keep going forward. letting out a shaky breath, doyoung swallowed all of the emotions that poked at his throat and hid all of them within himself, not wanting to reveal to the world how weak and helpless he was at the moment.

but when yedam's doctor and a flood of nurses entered into the emergency room frantically, carrying a lot of medical tools and appearing as if there wasn't much time, doyoung began to think the worst. not only him, but jihoon's face also fell, looking at the floor and thinking of the one event that was possible at that point.

the argument between the two boys abruptly stopped there as jihoon took a seat at the bench behind him, his friends surrounding him and some others coming to doyoung as well. even though the business management student wasn't as close to yedam as the others were, he couldn't help but feel their pain as well. maybe it was because of the already present sadness inside him from just moments before the second year university student was rolled in, and maybe it was just empathy for something that seems like a lost cause, but doyoung was able to feel exactly the same way that jihoon and the rest of his friends were.

all the time that yedam and doyoung spent together flashed inside the younger's mind, making the thought of losing the mask male become more affecting to him. the beeping sound of the heart monitor was ringing in his ear once again, the familiar rhythm amplifying his anxiety. maybe to the others, it was their first time hearing the sound of the heart beat monitor that would keep track of a person's well being, but to him, it was the third time in his life, the second time just today, and the fear that always associated with it was a feeling that doyoung never wanted to feel.

about twenty minutes later, with doyoung pacing back and forth with some of yedam's friends following his actions and the others staying with jihoon on the bench, the sound of one, long, constant beeping sound rung in the ears of the business management student, stopping the actions of not only him, but the other eleven boys as well. for a couple minutes, the hallway was a statue museum, not a single movement coming from any of the boys outside, all of them trying to decide if it was the second year university student's heart beat monitor they were hearing or if it was something else.

it was confirmed that the first option was what the twelve boys were hearing when yedam's doctor came out of the emergency room with a sunken face and drooped shoulders, similar to how doyoung's mom's doctor had exited the same room with the news of her death. it didn't take a genius mind for the first year university student to know exactly what the man in the white coat was going to tell them, and the young male could already feel his world crumbling around him.