YEDAM

yedam's eyes slowly opened, the only thing being seen was darkness. he spent a couple minutes blinking and trying to get his vision to clear up, and looking around the room after his eyes were able to adjust to the dark, the second year university student was able to see the outlines of numerous figured scattered all over his room. yedam immediately recognized jihoon's back, which was facing towards him while the older was facing the back of the couch that was in the room.

the laying male looked over to his left to see a pitcher of water next to an empty glass and some painkillers, most likely brought to him by a nurse that was aiding him. although the second year university student couldn't exactly remember what happened, the rashes all over his arms that turned his pale, smooth skin red and bumpy said enough to yedam to know that he was bullied once again.

there was a pounding in yedam's head followed by pain that shot up to his head when he tried to reach for the water pitcher. the pain was small enough to where yedam could still function, but it was bad enough for him to be unable to move. the headache got more severe when the second year university student tried to reach for the water, causing him to return to his original laying position.

not only was his head hurting, but his throat was also dry. he needed to drink water, but how would he be able to if he can't even reach towards the beverage?

deciding to try once more, yedam propped himself on his left elbow, facing the direction of the bedside table that appeared to be taunting him at the moment. he used his right hand to try and reach for the pitcher, but the pain shot up to his brain once again, causing yedam to lose the strength in the arm that was holding him up and he fell backwards, returning to his original position.

shutting his eyes tightly, yedam let out a quiet groan, not wanting to disturb any of the sleeping males that were scattered all over the room. the second year university student felt hopeless in getting a drink of water at the moment, so he threw his head back, attempting to go back to sleep. although he didn't have a clock to look at, the laying male could feel that it was some kind of ungodly hour in the morning, the moonlight from outside shining through the closed curtain being the biggest hint for that.

about a minute after, the door to the hospital room opened up, catching the attention of yedam from the small amount of light that entered into the dark room from the hallway. the sudden light temporary blinded him, causing the second year university student to be unable to make out the figure of the person who walked in.

the male was only able to recognize who it was when the person was standing on his left side, the same side where the bedside table was. upon being met with the familiar face, yedam immediately tried to scoot back a little on his bed while placing his hands over his mouth, waiting for the smell of baby powder to suffocate him and cause him to hyperventilate since doyoung seemed to quite literally, be a walking bottle of baby powder.

however, the time never came. it had been about eight seconds of the two of them being less than four feet apart, yet nothing happened to yedam. his throat wasn't closing in on him, he wasn't feeling lightheaded, and he wasn't hyperventilating. at first, he had found it strange, thinking that somehow, his allergy had suddenly disappeared into thin air. but after taking a look at doyoung's condition - messy hair, sleepy eyes, pajamas - the older male was able to assume that the standing male had just gotten out of bed, either from sleeping and waking up or not being able to sleep at all.

the second option seemed more reasonable, since the way doyoung's eyes looked at the moment showed that he seemed to be restless, but for what reason? yedam didn't know. it would most likely be because of the younger male's mom, but it could also be something else, maybe stress from school? not wanting to take any chances and assume what the other was worried about, the second year university student just shook the thought out of his head and watched as doyoung poured some water from the pitcher into the empty glass, handing it over.