xiii

"I TOLD YOU NEVER call me during work hours," the blonde woman scolded from the other end of the line, "you know how lunch breaks aren't this company's thing."

zeke sighed, trying to calm himself down from his rage. "just- i need your help, yel," he spoke, his tone of voice coming out as dull as it could be.

yelena cocked an eyebrow through the phone as a force of habit, confused as to why zeke had needed her help this time. "what?" she snapped, connecting her airpods to her phone so she could continue with her work despite the handsome man disturbing her at 12:48 in the afternoon. "i swear, if this ends up with me being unable to use my legs for days, then go have sex with some other woman. i have no time for this bullsh-"

"just fucking listen," zeke hissed, cutting yelena's statement. "i don't plan with having sex with you. it's about y/n and my brother," he informed her, his rising anger taking the best of him as his grey orbs never left the three happily interacting with one another from inside the restaurant. like a happy family, he thought.

"alright," yelena sighed, "i'm all ears," she added.

zeke only smirked. "i'll let you be aware of the plan this afternoon," he continued, "be at my place by 5:30 sharp."

and with that, he hung up, tucking his phone into his jeans' pockets as he clicked his tongue. seeing that you and his lovely niece were laughing comfortably whilst hugging each other as eren took a picture made his blood boil. he thought that it was totally pathetic of eren to be this comfortable with someone ー with a girl specifically ー since the last time he was aware, eren never cared for love anymore. zeke was sure his half-brother had already closed his heart back then, but why was he like this with you? with someone zeke, himself, was still in love with?

he let out an aggravated sigh as he walked towards the driver's side, hopping into his car soon after. he put the keys into the keyhole, stepped on the gas pedal, and drove away. his mind was filled with many thoughts ー all regarding his plan to get you back. or was it really? a smirk hasn't left his features as he made a turn, driving towards his workplace.

"i'll see you suffer," he muttered under his breath as his left hand maneuvered the steering wheel and the other, throwing a picture of you and him onto the passenger seat situated on his right.

-

"we should get going already," eren announced, standing up from his chair as he did so. he hadn't genuinely laughed like that in a long time, and if he were to be honest, he wanted more of that ー more with you as he felt all kinds of all too familiar emotions explode within his chest. he could still hear the laughs from kiana and you as you followed him from behind.

kiana looked up at you. "ms. n/n, we should really eat lunch together evewyday," she happily suggested as her cute puppy eyes stared through your own, internally hoping you'd agree.