xv

DING!

DING!

WALKING OUT OF the elevator, you made your way towards your apartment. a smile has never left your features since the time you spent with eren jaeger. as far as you could remember, you've smiled a lot more today, more cheery, more helpful; basically more and more in everything that you did.

maybe it was because you've spent a good time with kiana yesterday? maybe it was because of eren? you didn't know, but the only thing you were certain of was that the two were the new people you've learned to love and treasure. you somehow just felt attached to them like you were binded by red strings, and that was the first ever since you shut your heart to men that day you broke your ties with zeke.

walking in your slightly dim apartment, you searched for the switch and turned the lights on. removing your stilettos and placing them on the shoe rack nearby whilst slightly pushing the door shut in the process. you placed your handbag on the couch as you made your way towards your bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes rather than the business attire you wore the entire day.

slightly glancing at the wall clock you just bought, it read approximately 6:48, seeing that the minute hand was near, but not on the figure '10.' a few more minutes and you would be receiving a phone call from the german you've built great ties with.

calling, texting, and/or emailing each other about one's whereabouts were now a thing between you two and it's been going on for four months now. you haven't heard from zeke either ever since that day eren and kiana picked you up to have your first scheduled lunch out, allowing the feeling of relief and freedom wash through you that the blonde had finally given up on you.

slipping into a new oversized shirt and some cycling shorts, you made your way outside your bedroom whilst tying your h/c hair into a messy bun. you decided to make dinner, settling with either ramen or gimbap, whichever you wanted to savor at around 7pm.

grabbing your apron as well as the needed ingredients, you started preparing for dinner, allowing the silence to take over the whole place as you read through the recipe. however, just as you were about to start, the ringing of your phone blasted throughout the whole place, grabbing your full attention from the recipe in your hands.

putting down the recipe on the kitchen counter, you made your way towards the couch since you kept your phone inside your bag, a smile never faltering from your lips. you just felt happy that he had finally called since the last time you've talked was hours ago, back when you had lunch. to be able to hear the german's voice was what you were looking forward to everyday and you just hoped nothing could go extremely wrong between you two. after all, you weren't even in a relationship with him, but to be able to act like this with no malice or whatsoever made your heart skip a beat or two.

you fished your phone out of your bag as you quickly answered, "hey," you greeted the male on the other end of the line.

"hey, y/n. just got home," he informed you all the while hearing a faint 'i want to talk to mommy' a few couple times from eren's side from the little girl he was with, making you softly giggle.