xxvii

"WHAT DID YOU COME here for?" the blonde woman immediately threw her question at you, her brows slightly furrowed as she was confused that you had visited her

"WHAT DID YOU COME here for?" the blonde woman immediately threw her question at you, her brows slightly furrowed as she was confused that you had visited her. she, soon, sat on the chair situated in front of you, rubbing her wrists due to the marks the handcuffs had bestowed upon her skin.

your e/c hues were fixated on her, noticing the orange shirt and black sweats she was now wearing and her blonde hair tied into a messy ponytail. "just chill for a second," you told her, laughing the slight awkward tension off as your laugh was the only thing that resonated the whole place. fuck.

she smiled at you before saying, "alright, y/n." and after that, there were no words exchanged between the both of you as your fingers had drummed on the wooden desk.

"i haven't got your name though," you claimed, immediately realising that this woman had helped you in your escape, but you didn't even know who she was. "it's just that you've defied zeke just to help me and kiana out and that, i don't even have any idea about your name," you added, sincerity and gratefulness lacing your tone of voice as a genuine smile had graced your lips.

she chuckled, "let me guess. you just came here to thank me?" yelena wished for your clarification in which you just nodded and hummed in response. "it was nothing really. zeke's an asshole and it's just about time we punch him in the balls where he can't even see daylight again," the blonde woman added as her tone of voice had shifted from calm to irritated just at the thought of zeke jaeger.

"yeah, i did just that," you continued, " a fucking selfish man hoe."

yelena had bursted into a fit of laughter at your choice of words, the obvious anger you had towards the blonde man written all over your face. "by the way, i'm sorry for you loss, y/n," she added, remembering what happened three days back when hange was already ready to take the bullet for you as zeke had pulled the trigger.

the h/c-haired woman heaved a deep sigh as she forced a small smile on her lips, her e/c hues slowly showing sadness all over again. yelena had noticed how pale she was and how tired she looked as she had questioned herself: why the fuck would zeke hurt this woman when all she did was love?

seeing as though you've had gone through so much, maybe it was right of her to let you be aware of what happened years back when you were still with zeke in order to clear any confusion that may have clouded you some time in the past. it may not mean that much to you anymore, but you still had the right to know and for yelena to feel slightly better.

"hey, uhm, y/n?" she called out to you as she was still looking for the right words to say and where she'd exactly start. you hummed in response, waiting patiently for the blonde woman sitting across you to continue.

"i- there's something i need to tell you," she continued, her hues holding an all too familiar emotion.

it was another sunny day yet whenever yelena had looked up at the soft glow of the early morning sun, her heart would twist in anger and so desperately wished her mother's days of suffering to end. she had been on a week leave, calling in sick. to act like this after just being recently hired was what annoyed her boss though she could care less. what was work if she wasn't in the right state?