xxxv

KIRSTEIN HAD DROVE YOU two up the mountain as the starry sky was slowly uncovered by numerous branches of trees. you were now maybe kilometers away from your initial location, not that you mind.

the busy streets and the honking of cars dissipating as you and jean had drove up higher. city lights and speeding cars were beautiful from up where you were and you somehow felt a little lighter ー calmness flowing in your veins as you drowned yourself in the night's tranquility.

it didn't take long for kirstein to pull up a few meters from where you could see a way to a cliff. he, soon, hopped out of his car with you following after.

"alright, we're here," he announced whilst fishing for eren's phone which he had tucked in his pockets the time you left the annual celebration. your heels had stepped forward in an alternate manner, trailing behind the light ash-browned haired male who walked ahead of you, but abruptly stopped a few seconds later as he turned on his heel to face you.

"shit," he exclaimed, "i left something back at the hall. ugh," he added, immediately handing to you the german's phone as he hurried his way back to his parked car.

you received the device that was handed to you as a look of confusion was written all over your face. is he leaving me here, alone? in the middle of nowhere? what the actual fuck? "okay, i'll head back with yo-"

"uh, you see. it's okay," kirstein had cut you off, trying to act seemingly calm about all this for a reason you don't understand. and within the next minute, his car was driving down the mountain, officially leaving you. he didn't even give you time to ask what the fuck was going on as he left in the speed of lightning.

"okay, damn," you muttered under your breath as you stared at the empty road which jean had followed as he drove back down. your e/c hues had glanced at the blank black screen of eren's phone which was held by your left hand. "eren's phone is here. who the fuck do i call?" you added, turning his phone screen on and off as your orbs had stared up into the sky to think of who to contact.

ah! i could call hange-

you paused, realising that they were in a better place right now...

-oh, maybe armin, you thought, so you immediately turned your phone on and called the first person on your call logs without double checking who it was.

ring. ring. ring. ring.

ring. ring. ring. rin-

"wait why is eren's phone ringin- holy cow," you sighed in pure disbelief at your own clumsiness. you had dialled eren's number instead of armin's which made you fricking face palm yourself mentally. you ended the call to dial the right person, however you had noticed the lockscreen on the german's phone before it automatically turned off the next second.