Knight in Shining Armour

"Didn't think you would be back here so soon Kally" he recognised this voice straight away, there was only one person who called him Kally. "Ma...Mahlie?" He asks. "Hey Kal, I've missed you" she responds. A small figure stood beside the hospital bed. His eyes shot open and focus on his friends face. She looked exactly like they last met, except for one thing. He reached up to her face and felt through her hair, down to her pony tail. "Your braid, it's not there, what happened?" He asked, his eyes showed he was worried. The girl laughs. "Nothing happened Kal, I'm a Jedi Knight" she responds. "What! No way, you should've told me!" The boy barks as he slaps her across the arm playfully. The two embrace in a hug, feeling the warmth off each other's bodies. It had been months since they had seen each other, not a moment went by when Kal didn't think of her. Mahlie's face began to burn red. What...happened. She felt warmth, but this time on her lips. It was Kal. The boy didn't realise his actions, but was pulled to continue. He didn't know he felt this towards his friend. Now it felt weird to refer to her as that. But that's all she was, or that's what Kal wanted to think. He had been so caught up in his own thoughts he hadn't realised his lips still attached to the Knights. Quickly he pulls away, throwing his face away from her. "Mahlie, I apologise, I didn't mean to, please I really-" the girl cuts him off. "I think I love you" she admits. The statement sounded so random yet it's timing was perfect. As if they escaped her mouth, or maybe she let them free. She stood there, motionless, staring at the floor awaiting an answer. She feels her hand move forward. Kal caressed it, while staring at her as if she were art. He speaks "I KNOW I love you". A few days past and Finally Kal was out of the hospital ward, a free man once more. If he wanted to stay that, he must learn to control this power of his. Stacked to the side of him was a tower of book, each filled with libraries of information surrounding the force. He had been hoping one of these contained the answer to his visions. "Hey love" he hears a voice whisper as two arms wrapped around his waist. "What are these books for? Is Master Yori enforcing this labour upon you?" Laughs the girl. The Zabrak smiles and faces towards the Jedi Knight. Her long dark hair sweeping away from her face. She looks into his dark, brown eyes, just staring at him. He was perfect, for her at least. It's not every day a human would consider a pale white creature with axe like horns perfect. She traces the markings on his face, he laughs at her questionable actions, but he loved it. "What do your tattoos mean? Where you born with them or something?" She questions. She had always wondered about the dark lines across Kal"s face, but never asked. "We are given them, a few days after birth. It is supposed to signify our specific Zabrak clan we are in. But for me, it represents that I am owned by the Night Sisters. It is used as a label, it shows that be belong to those Sith selling witches" he explained. Her heart sank. She knew the Night Sisters where bad, but they label the Zabrak like they are animals. Mahlie couldn't believe that these markings where forced against their will. "I'm, so sorry Kal. I had no idea" she exclaims. "It's fine, all Zabrak have this, it's part of us" he assures. Once again the two Jedi are staring into each other's eyes. He pulls her by the waist towards his chest placing his lips onto hers. "General Mahlie!" A loud voice burst through the door. The two jump at the sudden noise and separate from each other, hoping the man didn't see. "Master Garh, What is it that you summon me for?" She asks, trying to make her voice sound serious and innocent. "Well my former Padawan, you have a class with the younglings, I would hate to keep them waiting. They are so excited to meet you!" Shouts Garh. "Oh, sorry Master, I forgot I had them today, I got caught up in....something" she finishes. "Mmmhmm..." the Master suspicious as the Zabrak distracts himself with a book. "Oh and Mahlie" adds Garh. "Yes Master?" "You can do better than a Padawan" he cheekily answers. She tries to cover her smile as the man walks out of the room with a grin on his face. "Yeh, so can Padme but no one talks about that" Kal blurts. "Kally! Shush! Ani would kill you" laughs Mahlie as she runs off after the Master to her class. "Ani can try" coughs the Zabrak.