Crazy by me [Lemon] (Takasugi Shinsuke x Reader)

Echoes of an unspecific melody echoed through the open corridors of the ship. Sometimes sad, sometimes more severe, the notes reached his ears, and full of curiosity, the ship's commander headed towards the place where the sound came from. Could it be Bansai who was playing the shamisen? It didn't sound like one of his tunes, and if it wasn't him, who was playing? 

The sound was coming from his room, so the purple haired man quietly opened the door so he could find out who was playing the instrument, being pleasantly surprised at what he saw as he leaned silently against the doorframe. 

(Y/n). The girl was with her eyes closed, playing the shamisen with her eyebrows furrowed, denoting concentration on the melody. She was doing well until she lost her concentration, and missed a note, which didn't go unnoticed by her new teacher, the vice commander of the Kiheitai, Bansai. 

-You missed a note, I dare say, (Y/n)-san- He said, looking at her intently. 

Neither of them had noticed the man standing in the doorway, watching them intently. 

-Yes, it's just that... I don't know, I just lost my concentration- Answered the girl, smiling embarrassed- My hands get kind of stiff after playing for a while. 

-That's because you're still very tense while playing- Replied the man with glasses, standing up and then sitting behind her, taking one of her hands- Come on, start playing again, (Y/n)-san. 

Bansai guided the girl's hand with his hand on hers, trying to teach her how to relax her hand and take the instrument well. 

Meanwhile, the purple-haired man was puzzled: First, (y/n) was playing the shamisen. Since when did she play any instrument? He didn't know. Second, Bansai was taking her frail hands in his, and moreover, he was sitting behind her, almost glued to her. 

Shinsuke didn't consider himself a jealous man, after all, he had managed to achieve what himself never thought possible: Miharu's love; but the young man couldn't ignore the discomfort he felt and the pangs in his chest. 

The blue-haired man kept moving her hand across the instrument, resting his chin on her head, his eyes closed, as if he was enjoying the moment. Were they unaware of his presence, or was it just an innocent act of teaching? 

-I didn't know you played the shamisen, (Y/n)- Said the samurai, entering the room as if he hadn't been watching them before. 

The girl opened her (E/c) eyes quickly, flushed, and nervous, her hands slipped despite the vice-commander's firm support, letting out a dissonant chord. Unable to meet his gaze, (Y/n) looked down at the strings of the instrument, stroking them, as the man behind her stood up to approach his commander. 

-I was trying to learn- Replied the girl, smiling as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. 

-But she still has a long way to go before she can play something for you Shinsuke, I dare say- Added Bansai, putting one of his hands on the girl's head, ruffling her hair- (Y/n)-san learns fast though- He finished, smiling at the girl. 

Shinsuke approached the window, admiring the sunrise, without looking at any of them. Bansai smiling at a girl that wasn't the strange girl he was sponsoring in his free time? Could it be possible that he had his eyes on HIS girl?

-Leave us alone- The green-eyed man commanded, without having to address the order or repeat himself, listening as the man took his instrument and closed the door behind him. 

Silence reigned in the room, as (Y/n) approached him and gently surrounded his shoulders, resting her head on him, while Takasugi wrapped an arm around her waist, thinking that he could stay like this forever, enjoying the tranquility and warmth that she provided him.