The Greatest Trick I Know [IX]

"This is just ridiculous!", Damon let out a loud scoff as he threw his phone and let it slide on the table.

"What was that, mate? I bet even people from the other side of the globe heard that", Enzo put down the book he was silently reading in the living room.

"That was Caroline telling me that Elena is not coming to the barbeque we are having because she's going to some kind of frat party where there'll be stinky college jocks with the testosterone level up the roof, lasciviously dancing around her, playing beer pong and trying to get in her pants", the older vampire spit out the words in anger as he accompanied his friend in the living room, throwing himself on the sofa.

"Did she actually say all that?", Enzo asked amused by the thorough description he's received.

"No, of course not. She just said, and I quote 'Elena will not be joining us tonight.' And I asked why is that, and she said 'Oh, nothing, there's just this welcome back to Whitmore party', end quote", Damon scoffed, covering his face with the back of his hands, trying to cool off.

"Well mate, you sure know how to jump to conclusions", he chuckled, patting Damon on the shoulder. "Too bad though, I really wanted to meet this Elena you keep rambling about 24/7", he shrugged his shoulders, reaching for the book he put to rest on the coffee table. "Maybe next time."

"Yeah, sure, next time", Damon rolled his eyes, hearing the doorbell. "There won't be a next time, you dumbass! We're going to that party and I'm going to get her back!", he exclaimed as he jumped out of his seat and headed towards the door to welcome the guests inside.

"Hello guys, brought some cold ones!", Alaric greeted with a large smile upon his lips as he stepped inside, raising a six-pack in the air, clearly in a good mood.

"Read the room, professor", Enzo whispered to his ear with a chuckle as he grabbed a beer from him, which turned Alaric's smile upside down.

"Matt Donovan", a blue-eyed guy appeared behind Ric's back and shook Enzo's hand. "You must be Lorenzo", he continued.

"The one and only. You must be the human", the vampire joked as he directed the crowd outside, towards the backyard, where the smoke was already tumbling and the fire crackling.

"Caroline's just running some errands but she'll be here any minute now", Alaric announced as he opened up a beer and clinked the bottle towards the others in a cheer.

"We should get started then", Damon said, managing partly to get over his previous frustration and placed the meat on the grill.

"Is Stefan coming?", Matt asked, sipping down his beer.

"If you're talking about my backstabbing horrible brother who shouldn't have been born in the first place, then the answer is no", Damon replied with a sarcastic smirk, still handling the grill.

"Jesus, what's wrong with him?", the human shook his head, mumbling.

"How much time do you have for me to answer that question?", Enzo laughed.

"Boys! I bought goodies!", Caroline stormed inside the mansion, holding four six-packs and placed them on the table while looking around at the gathered people.

"Hey, I thought I was supposed to bring the beer and you would bring the snacks", Alaric pulled her aside.

"Yeah, well lucky for you I brought the beer and the snacks", Caroline giggled, looking at the only two bottles of beer left from Alaric's six-pack. "Be a darling and put these in the fridge, would you?", she smiled warmly, handing him the alcohol. "So you must be Lorenzo, right?", she grabbed a chair and sat at the table next to the stranger.