Tears

Joe ran his hand through his hair, trying not to cry as he sat on the park bench. Really his whole world was falling apart around him. Unable to hold back the tears, he let a few fall, trying to shield his face so none of the people passing by could see him cry. Standing up, he walked back to his car.

When he got back to his car, he drove home. Walking inside the house he saw his mum sitting on the couch, and his dad had his arm wrapped around her. His mum seemed to be crying, but Joe just sighed. There had been a lot of that lately.

Andrea arrived home an hour after Taylor did, walking into the kitchen where Taylor was. "Hey honey," Andrea said. "How was school?"

Taylor shrugged, "Good."

"I don't mean to be nosy but is Joe okay? I saw him earlier today at the park," Andrea asked carefully.

Taylor turned around nervously, "Oh Joe? Yeah he's fine. Why were you worried?"

"He looked pretty upset at that park is all," Andrea replied, "Maybe he's just stressed out for all the exams coming up."

Taylor forced a smile, "Yeah."

Andrea nodded as Taylor walked up to her room, collapsing on her bed. Did I do that to Joe? I didn't think I made him that upset. Maybe I should call him. Grabbing her phone she Facetimed him. He picked up, and appeared to be sitting on his bed. "Hey Tay, what's up?"

"Just wanted to ask if you wanna go out for a coffee at the cafe?" Taylor asked.

Joe looked slightly surprised, "Oh, sure!"

Taylor smiled, "Great! I'll be there in ten minutes."

"See you," Joe hung up, grabbing his coat then heading out the door. Ten minutes later they met at the cafe, Joe getting there first.

Taylor walked over to where he was sitting, plopping down on the chair across from him, "Hi!"

"Hi," Joe said, not really sure how Taylor felt about him currently. "I already got the coffee."

Taylor grabbed the cup, "Thanks."

Joe sipped his own, "So, anything up, or...?"

"Um, no, nothing in particular," Taylor said awkwardly. "I did want to say that I... forgive you."

Joe smiled, "Really? That easily?"

"Yeah," Taylor grinned, "I hate the tension." I can't really stay mad at him for that long. It's probably because of his adorable face. Shut up, Taylor!

Joe leaned across the table, giving her a quick hug. Taylor blushed, hiding it from Joe. "Me too. I really am so sorry for being such an asshole."

"It's okay," Taylor said. "Let's just please not fight again."

Joe chuckled, "Will do."

Taylor looked carefully at Joe, seeing an underlying sadness in his eyes, "Everything okay?"

Joe nodded, "Yup!"

"You sure?" Taylor furrowed her eyebrows.

Forcing a smile, Joe continued to nod, "I'm sure."

Taylor sighed, seeing that Joe wouldn't tell him. "You know that if there's anything wrong, you can tell me. Anything."

Joe stared at Taylor for a moment, not saying anything. Suddenly a small tear rolling down hhis face. Taylor had never seen Joe cry before, and quickly stood up, walking over to him. "Oh Joe..." Taylor said quietly. "Do you want to go to your house?"