About Time

Hailey leaned forward, locking her lips with his. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Instinctively Joe kissed her back. Taylor walked out of the bathroom, freezing as she saw Hailey and Joe practically making out.

She panicked, confused, she turn around and stepped back into the bathroom, not sure what to do. What the hell did I just see. What the hell. What the hell. Taylor looked into the bathroom mirror, a small tear falling down her face. I'm so stupid. I knew this would happen. Why did I come to this fair.

Just a few seconds after Hailey began kissing him he pulled away, "What the hell?"

"Just seeing if you want to change your mind?" Hailey smirked.

Joe furrowed his eyebrows, "I. Don't. Want. To. Change. My. Mind."

Hailey shrugged, "Your loss. But I'm not helping you with Taylor."

Joe just looked away, clearly upset with the kiss, "Fine."

A few minutes later Taylor came out once she was sure they would be done kissing, trying to act normal. "Hey! So where do you guys want to go next?"

"Actually, I'm not feeling so great," Joe said. "Maybe we can go again another time, but I think I might go home right now. Sorry."

Hailey rolled her eyes, which Taylor noticed. Taylor was thoroughly confused, just a second ago they were making out, now suddenly Joe wanted to go home? Taylor just nodded, "That's okay."

"I'll see you two later I guess," Hailey waved, walking towards the exit.

Joe turned to Taylor, "Sorry we have to go so early."

"It's alright," Taylor shrugged. "I'm kind of tired too."

They walked to the car silently, neither speaking. The entire drive to Taylor's house was quiet until Taylor got out of the car. "See you at dinner tomorrow? Joe asked.

Taylor nodded, "Yeah, can you pick me up?"

"Sure, cya then," Joe said, getting in his car.

Walking back inside Taylor sighed, lying down on the couch and pulling out her phone to text Abigail and Selena. 'Saw Hailey and Joe making out at the fair. Guess it's just a matter of time before they get together. lol.'

An hour after Joe got home he got a Facetime request from Selena and Abigail. He furrowed his eyebrows, usually when they hung out with him it was with Taylor. Confused he pressed accept, moving the phone so they could see his face.

Once he picked up Selena glared at him, "Well hi there you idiot.'

Now Joe was really confused, "What?"

Abigail rolled her eyes, "Okay fess up, why the hell were you making out with Hailey."

"What- I-" Joe paused, putting the pieces together. "She saw that? Shit. I didn't mean too! I pulled away the second after it happened."

"Why did you even invite Hailey in the first place?!" Selena asked.

Joe looked down at his lap, "Well she said she'd help set me up with Taylor. I don't know, I was stupid."

Abigail scoffed, "At least you're self-aware. Did you really think she was going to help you get Taylor? Why didn't you just ask Selena and I to do it for you! We would've helped!"

"I just... I don't know," Joe ran his hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, did I hurt Taylor's feelings?"

Selena rolled her eyes, "Hurt her feelings is an under statement."