Chapter 3 (end of part 1)

And his silent theory was proven correct as Ithrika walked to the middle of Pandemonium Fortress. She had been unable to battle the taint that had consumed her Father and now stood in a half death-like state. These souls called out to her as she became once more exactly like how her father had looked, but as a female version of him. She looked over to see him approaching, she knew that he had a smile and watched him carefully; she had willingly come to his side and smiled. She had several reapers come walking up to her including Urzael, who served her Father. "Go begin the attacks. Bring me the many souls I need." 

"Yes, my Master." Urzael bowed his head and disappeared with the other. 

"So it would be that mother was right after all Father, and now you will soon do as needed," She spoke calmly.

"I see you have chosen me over the others. I am proud of you my Winter Lily." Malthael turned his head to his dark-clad daughter who shared many features that he did without the wings. The only other difference was the Lilies upon her outfit that decorated it in places. "Now we shall take revenge." He laughed darkly as she grinned. 

"Where shall we attack first?" 

"Sanctuary." He said as he felt new souls being to gather around the area. "Stay and let them come to us. Ithrika nodded slightly as she walked to his side and stood a few steps away behind him.

***************

Imperius and the others battled once more in the heavens with the reapers. When the Reapers stopped attacking Imperius watched as they held one reaper imprisoned. "Why have you attacked us?! Answer me!" he snarled out. 

The Reaper looked up and laughed. "They will kill me if I told you why I was sent. But I would rather face their pride when I return to her with all my information intact. But know this Imperius, The true Reaper, the Father of Ithrika has returned." The reaper laughed, "I am just one of the thousands that are at their disposal. Anything more I will not give up to the likes of any of you. For one comes now." He laughed as cracks appeared on the ground. 

"We must make my Father stronger. Go and end as many lives as you can!" They heard the voice and they looked up to see Ithrika standing above them. She looked to Imperius and the others and laughed as the flow of Reapers continued to swarm Sanctuary as the Reapers retreated from the Heavens. She looked down to see the other Archangels preparing for a fight with her. "You really think all of you can take me? What a shame." She pointed towards him with a clawed gauntleted hand.

Itherael looked at Ithrika. "Ithrika stop this at once! This isn't you, what has consumed you is darkness! You need to fight it!" But she only laughed.

"I know what I am doing Itherael. There is no need for me to 'wake up and fight it'." She leapt down and landed lightly. She watched as they lunged at her and after fighting for a while, they managed to pin her against one of the many pillars. She growled an almost demonic snarl trying to free herself until Imperius held his spear under her chin. "Go on then Uncle, seal my doom. You will only bring a wrath like one you've never seen before upon yourself and the others. I haven't been sitting by while the Reapers attacked your beloved home and Sanctuary. No, I have helped my Father as he gathers strength from the thousands of souls the reapers send him. Kill me and he will know." She watched as Imperius turned to the others then as he sighed. 

"When you return to him, tell him his challenge has been accepted." Imperius did the one thing he had never wanted to do to his once loving niece. He struck Solarion through her heart and ended this life for her. He saw her gasp, flinching when a banshee-like crying scream came from her,  then he watched as her body became nothing but shadows and disappeared from their home. He looked down to the floor beneath his feet but in his core, he knew what he would have to do.