Chapter 8

Ithrika sat upon a bench in her newly created area, her stillness seemingly almost un-natural for those like her. The soft silver light of her wings grew brighter for a moment then went back to being soft as her mind wandered to and fro. Her accompanying wolf like canine stood and silently slipped away to find the remaining Archangels in the Council chamber and they, upon seeing the immortal wolf-dog who for the first time in over three months greeted them with a bark; it was this bark that alerted them to her presence and they watched as  she turned and whined for them to follow her; they did so while allowing their curiosity to get the better of them. When they reached the young Archangel she looked up to see that her family stood watching her carefully. One of them, another female folded her wings up and moved to the young Archangel's side. "Ithrika, is everything alright?" her gentle voice, even gentler and mother like to the Angel who began to move from her seated position.

They watched as she moved over to them and Ithrika spoke with a calming yet sweet as honey voice. "Everything is fine, why do you ask?"

"We have not seen you since the disappearence of Malthael."

"Much has been on my mind," She stopped as she looked around her area. It was a mixture between heavenly forest trees, grassy fields and something akin to the Gardens of Hope; but this was the only area of the Heavens where immortal animals, herbaviors and carnivors alike, lived with Ithrika and her angels tending to them; this was the Forest of Harmony.

"What bothers you so?" Imperius asked with genuine concern. He rarely stepped foot within the Forest; but everytime he did it was long enough to speak with Ithrika and often saw that her Lieutenant Elthal, not only wandered around with his own animal companion, a majestic antlered deer with eighteen points upon the antlers, was often not far from Ithrika. The deer chose that moment to call out and its call rang throughout the Forest as Elthal appeared near his Archangel. Ithrika smiled at him and he saluted her, he reported in on the health of a pregnate female deer and Ithrika nodded.

"It will not be long now. Keep an eye on her, We need this to be a successful birth to help restore the numbers of the deer on Sanctuary." Ithrika spoke as Elthal nodded in understanding and left. Ithrika then turned back to the other Archangels and sighed. "I know why he disappeared like he has but even though he was defeated, the souls of the dead have once more called to him. I am afraid that this time, it will take someone else to stop him for good." Ithrika looked out over the fields with a heavy heart.

"But who?" Asked Itherael as he studied her closely.

"We will see in time." Ithrika responded. As they all looked out over the fields and forest.