Chapter 6

The biting cold began sinking into Ithrika as she walked in this blizzard, even though she was once more wrapped up fully in her cloak, it was not thick enough to keep out the cold that nipped at her very body and soul. Even now, her gait was slowing to barely a step at each moment that passed. Soon she found herself collapsed onto the ground, as she began to let the cold finish its work, until someone walked up to her and stood over her freezing body. "Ithrika." The familiar voice spoke as pain sounded through it. She felt the person pick her up and felt them moving away from that place, a wind touching her face as she noted a purple color behind the one who held her, but soon was passed out as the cold seeped away and the warmth of the person’s body touched her. When she woke next she felt the warmth of bedding around her, bedding that was like the soft silk sheets that she had once had in her room in the High Heavens. Then she felt it, they were the soft silken sheets of the Heavens; she opened her eyes and found herself looking sideways at a wall. She stared at the white and gold walls for a few minutes, wondering just how in the hells she had gotten back here. Then as she sat up, shee looked around then almost jumped when she saw Auriel standing near her door. 

"Ithrika! You’re awake! Imperius and the others will be pleased." She went over to the girl who looked away, her confusion still showing in her eyes. 

"How did I get here?" Ithrika turned back to the Archangel of Hope, who shook her head.

"Later, for now get dressed. I will be waiting outside for you." Auriel disappeared leaving the woman even more confused than before. But as she tried too stand a pain shot through her side and she gasped as she placed her hand onto the gaping wound. When she pulled her hand away it was all but covered in her own blood. Shortly after she gasped Auriel reappeared in the room and upon seeing Ithrika's hand called for some bandages; after her side was bandaged Auriel helped her to stand, "When did this happen?"

Ithrika shook her head, "I don't know. Maybe when I faced that demon that attacked us." She closed her eyes in pain but clenched her jaw as the pain began to subside, she knew that it would come back to haunt her soon enough but would worry about it later. She then turned around and began to cover the bandages with her armor while starting to feel just the slightest bit dizzy. 

"Ithrika, I don’t think that’s a good idea." Auriel said as Ithrika tilted her head to the side in thought as she wondered if she should put her helm on.

"It's better than showing the wound to everyone," Finally she reached and pulled her helm off of the headrest where it sat and put it on. She turned back to Auriel, began walking to her side only to stop and look out at the dark sky as the stars shone. Something was almost wrong, and then she saw that the stars were aligning with the moon; as she watched she couldn't help but have a sinking feeling in her stomach that something was going to happen soon. She could tell that Auriel picked up on it quickly and flew her over to her side. 

"Ithrika? What’s wrong?" The Archangel asked as Ithrika turned to her. 

"Something's not right." But before Ithrika could explain what she thought was wrong they were attacked by demons. Ithrika did her best to fight back, but with the wound she was suffering with, a demon easily knocked her down and stopped mid-swing. 

"Ithrika?" he asked as he recognized the woman he now held down, "But how? How are you with the angels and not with those of us who are demons, in your rightful place as our queen?" 

Ithrika glared then, using her foot, she flung him off of her sending him sailing through the air. "I don't know what you’re talking about." She growled in an almost demonic way, feeling strange as the stars drew closer and closer to aligning. She shook her head feeling her dizziness come blasting in full swing; she was barely able to stand now as her sight began to slowly begin to cover with black spots. "GAH!" She fell to her hands and knees as  the spots got bigger and bigger as a demonic voice spoke.