Chapter 7

Ithrika stood near her throne in the Angirius Council chamber, her white wolf-dog lying at her feet. She smiled as the others returned to their debate that they had started on yesterday but she had called for a 'recess' to allow their clouding thoughts to clear themselves, and to avoid another one of Imperius's and Tyrael's hissy-fits that they were both infamous for. She kept a continued check on the balance of Harmony within the Heavens and the  animal count of Sanctuary; she, almost, always felt at peace in this chamber and was happy just being the silent guardian over bith Sanctuary and the main halls of the Silvercity. She closed her eyes and felt her companion’s muzzle as it touched her hand; she chuckled as she leaned down to pet her friend who she now called Snow. But just at that moment a cord of the Harmony was broken and caused her to look up quickly, something was now out of balance. The balance of Harmony was fading slowly; she stood quickly as Snow jumped up feeling it as well. 

"Ithrika?" she heard Tyrael ask, but she ignored him as she vanished with Snow close on her heels. She stopped before the Diamond Gates and turned to one of the Angels standing there, whom had worry written all over his body language. 

"What happened?" She asked him, her voice gentle and kind.  

"I.....I don't know Lady Ithrika. I was watching over Sanctuary as you asked of me and someone did the unspeakable. I believe it is Diablo upon Sanctuary; he...he just killed a human." The angel was shaking with fear. She placed a hand upon the Angel and nodded. 

"Go find Tyrael and ask him to come here. Tell him that the Harmony is out of balance, he will understand what it means." She watched as the young angel disappeared to find the Archangel of Justice. Ithrika turned to Sanctuary and watched as a man controlled by Diablo killed another person. She began to feel the loss of Harmony even more now that she watched this happen.

"Ithrika!" Tyrael's voice echoed as he finally landed next to her, "What's wrong? What's happening?" He asked as she pointed and he saw. 

"Three Lords of the Hells are upon Sanctuary; the Balance of Harmony is breaking, I can feel it every second as they slaughter the innocent lives." Her voice cracked with worry. 

Tyrael looked to Ithrika, "I will go and try to restore as much of it as possible." Just as he was about to take off she called for him to stop. 

"Wait!" With him watching her, she held out three different colored stones. "Take these and find those who will help you stop these Lords." Tyrael took them, covered her hands for a moment and she watched him go to Sanctuary; her heart was sinking with every minute as she felt her powers ebb away. "Be careful uncle." She turned away and called for another angel to take her place in watching over Sanctuary as she went to the first angel. "Go, rest Elthal. You did what you could and you deserve it." She watched as he nodded and then left her to her brooding thoughts. She looked to the Diamond Gates and knew that the true trouble was only starting. "This does not spell well for anyone." She disappeared in flight and landed near the Pools of Wisdom where he Father began approching her. Not at all. She thought to herself.

"Ithrika, Where is Tyrael?" He asked as she shook her head; Auriel appeared shortly after the question upon having picked up on Ithrika's despair. 

"I have seen it with my own eyes." Ithrika began explaining to both. "Three of the seven Lords of Hell have seemingly been banished to Sanctuary’s lands and are now reeking chaos where there was once peace."

Malthael was over by her in a second, to calm his worrying daughter. "Tyrael will restore what Harmony he can to the mortals." But Ithrika could only look to him, a tiny spark of hope lingering in her troubled mind.