chapter 8- so i guess they're fighting

disclaimer: i don't own anything (except for the story)

—————————————————————

Tony was sitting in his room when Percy came back. He crossed Tony's room, when Tony called him.

"Hey Percy,'' Tony called.

"Yeah," Percy stuck his head in the doorway.

"You back yet?" Tony asked.

"Gee no," Percy said, his voice dripping in sarcasm, "how could I be back?"

"Oh please," Tony rolled his eyes, "what do you want to do?"

"About?"

"The thing," Tony said, hoping Percy would understand.

Percy understood. "Oh yeah. I'll fight from both the sides. I mean, most likely it's going to be in New York, so," he shrugged, "yeah."

"Do you have the SLIGHTEST idea about who our enemy would be?" Tony asked.

"I told you, I think I do." Percy replied.

"Can't you tell me?'' Tony asked.

"I can, but I can be wrong," Percy said.

"I won't tell anyone." Tony promised.

Percy sighed, "fine." He said. "I think it's Lu- I think it's Kronos. Like almost everyone thinks that HE is the one who messed up with the timeline and all."

"Why?" Tony asked. "Isn't he your friend. The one that-"

"He's not my friend," Percy snapped, but then remembered it was rude. He took and shaky breath. "Look, Luke WAS my friend. Now he isn't even Luke anymore. And Kronos is always trying to mess up stuff. AND he's the Lord of Time. It makes sense."

"Okay," Tony breathed. "but isn't he already fighting with you? Why would he fight with US too?"

"I don't know," Percy said. "Maybe because if WE lost, you'd still be there. But personally, I have like no idea."

Tony nodded. "go to bed," he ordered.

"Okay," Percy replied. "goodnight," he said, and without waiting for a response, he walked away.

Thinking about everything, Tony fell asleep.

—X— (<-- i guess these things are time skips)

"Wait there HAS to be and explanation," Bruce said in a tired voice. Half of them were half dead from exhaustion. Tony caught Percy's eye and they looked away from each other hastily. Percy was sitting on the couch, his legs crossed and hood up. Tony flashed him a 'are you regretting your decisions yet?' look. Percy glared at him and mouthed "you bet." Tony grinned.

"I know Bruce," Steve said calmly. "And there is. Just don't be impatient."

Bruce looked more impatient than he ever had.

"Wait." Nat said, then she looked at Percy. "Could this be anything related to your world?"

"Don't call it MY world like I'm making it up," Percy told her, "and that's my guess."

"What's your guess?''

"Kronos." Was the reply they got.

Behind them, Thor paled. "Kronos?" He asked. "The Lord of Time?"

Everyone in the room nodded.

"He's back?" Thor asked Percy.

"It's uh, complicated?" Percy said like he was guessing it himself.