Ginger-haired beast

8 days left

Mera's P.O.V

"So it's over or under first?" I ask the Ewok next to me, trying to carefully copy his movements. He unties his vines, redoing the step slowly.

"Over, alright." I nod, continuing to tie the five vines together. He hands me another blue flower and I weave it into my crown. "Like this?" I question, sticking my arms out. He takes a few moments to look at my craftsmanship, nodding in approval.

"I like this, it's very relaxing." I sigh happily, getting the hang of braiding the five pieces of material.

The Ewok says something in return and my eyes widen. "Really? Kylo used to do this?" I ask, astonished by his words. He nods excitedly, continuing to explain.

"No, I've never seen him make anything actually." I laugh, accidentally pricking my finger. I wave it in the air, sucking air through my teeth. I finish my flower crown, blue flowers dotting all around the vines.

Someone tugs the back of my nightgown and I turn, smiling at an older looking Ewok holding something folded in his paws. "For me?" I ask as he waves it up. He nods, standing on his tiptoes for me to grab it. 

I stand as the dress unfolds, the light brown material falling perfectly for me to see it completely. "It's beautiful." I smile, turning it around to view the back. 

He says something while grabbing my nightgown, and I almost trip as I step over the log I was sitting on. The Ewok pulls me behind him and stops in front of a smaller sized hut, one that was obviously made for his kind. "Oh, put it on now?" I say, slightly shocked. He nods, pushing me inside. 

I switch dresses, pushing a headband that was tucked within the brown dress over my forehead. The gown was long sleeved, a tan color down until the elbow where it turned white. It had two slits going up each thigh with the end of it touching my knees, and you could almost see my underwear thanks to the slits.

I duck my head as I walk through the doorframe, hitting the back of my head once I straighten up. The dozens of Ewoks waiting outside clap, ushering me back onto the log. "Thank you very much-" One of them behind me tugs at my hair, pulling out the braid Kylo had put in the night before. 

Something prickly touches my head and I jump before realizing it's a brush. I laugh at my own stupidity, allowing them to comb my hair out. The rest of them take a seat in front of me, and I feel like a teacher sitting in front of their class. Just like yesterday morning, they ask me several questions- the majority of them having to do with Kylo. 

One in particular asks something that made my heart hurt the tiniest bit. "Well, he had to go away somewhere for a very long time with someone who he thought was a good guy. That's why he didn't come back" 

A few words from another one of them and I shake my head, "No, he wasn't a good guy. He was very very mean and made Kylo do bad things. He took him away from him parents and told him things that weren't true." 

Some of them hug each other out of fear, others asking me to continue. I think of a way to lighten the answer, remembering how my mother would tell Poe and I stories during the terrible snowstorms. 

I stand to my feet quickly, "Do you want to know what Ben Solo the brave Jedi Knight, did?" I ask with a large smile. They nod vigorously and I shoot my arm out to the side, continuing to build up the excitement until a long stick comes into my grasp. "Do you really want to know?" I ask again, pointing the tip of my make-shift lightsaber at their heads. The Ewoks continue to cheer, some of them standing up. 

I cross my arms, turning my back to the crowd of animals as more slowly start to sit and listen to the story. "I don't think you want to know what he did." I say with a shrug. Several begin to pull at my dress and I turn back around quickly, making them fall on their bottoms.