Just Between Us

Set During Civil War W/ a bit of Steve x Reader that's one-sided.Buck's opinion on (f/n)Fixed/ Edited

Word Count: 4459

Just Between Us

" Hey (f/n), what do you think of our getaway car?" Sam said out loud, disregarding the fact that the woman sat just a few feet behind him, and that Steve was literally right next to him.

The blonde listened on with a straight face, a very small, inconspicuous groan slipping out of him at the question, while his hands wrung the steering wheel with obvious annoyance gearing within him.

It was plainly obvious Wilson wanted the blonde male to hear his conversation, all to make certain Steve understood just how silly his choice of vehicle was, and he had a field day using every bit of material he could think of,

"Steve right there thought it was the best thing to stay on the low," Sam said snickering, unable to downplay the stretched-out grin over his face. Gliding his index over the dashboard and inspecting it with a comically critical glance at it, he then looked back at the young woman, smiling at her, urging her to play along.

He made a small gesture by nudging his head right to the driver, a cheeky smile present over his face.

In turn, (F/n) shook her head in disapproval, but nevertheless, letting her gaiety slip through.

With her (e/c) eyes she pleaded Sam, continuing to shake her head, a hand slapping over her mouth, tightly pressing over the lower half of her face.

Her body was shivering with the amount of laughter she had been suppressing since she saw the little piece of ancient history, and Sam was not helping,

" - A real 007 right here," she then added with a cackle, having tried to keep the words under her breath, but failing miserably.

Unfortunately, she had been doomed from the start,

"Oh fuck!" She squealed, throwing her head back, her hands clutching her midsection as the muscles there cried with agony at her present enjoyment.

"Language (f/n)," Wilson chided her, making her laugh even more, "Sam, you idiot...Stop it!" she hissed, her right hand quickly moving to slap over his left arm.

"- Alright you two," Steve muttered, "I get it," he said before sighing, soon stopping the car and setting it in park.

"Do you really though?" Sam asked him, raising a dark brow at the man.

With an eye-roll, Steve gave the man an amused chuckle with his response, " By now, yes." He said huffing, " It's hard not to." He deadpanned.

"Anyways," he began, " I just need a few minutes," he assured them with a sure nod, speaking to his little team through the car's open window.

"- Oh, and (f/n)," He added, leering in closer to speak to her, " Can you please keep an eye on these two?" Steve asked her, looking at her with an apparent plea.

With a quick, little salute, she nodded her head, "Can do!" she agreed, making him nod in appreciation, a thankful, little smile being shot at her before he stepped away.

After the blonde had stepped away from the car, silence settled between the three in the vehicle, and during then, the young woman raised both brows with proud surprise, ' Hmm...I don't know what he was so worried about,' (f/n) thought to herself, ' It's not like they're kids,' She added, giving credit to the two men in the car with her, her eyes going from Bucky to Sam, finding them both preoccupied with staring out of their seat's windows.