After It All

Set During the last part of EndgameIdea: Let's suppose everything went by smoothly and we had that happy end.Edited/ Fixed

Word count: 312

After It All

'It's over...' She thought to herself, her hands letting loose of the tight grip they had on her blades.

They fell, momentarily laid forgotten on the battleground as she relaxed her tense shoulders,

"It's really over..." she said with a soft breath, inclining her head back to stare at the clearing sky with astonishment.

"We really did it," she said with a well enjoyed inhale.

As the ashes began to blow freely into the air, the darkness that once loomed over the earth began to wash away, taking all of the evil that was on the battleground along with the debris.

She then whipped around to find Bucky standing right behind her, his hold on the weapon in his hand failing him, and just like her, he seemed mesmerized, falling into the same trance she'd been stuck in.

His hand then went up, the dark debris washing through his fingers as he glanced over it with a face filled with both wonder and confusion.

It was then that his shoulders sank, relaxing as his tense muscles found ease.

His blue eyes then trailed over to her, soon locked into a deep gaze, a small smile then lifting his previously sullen features.

He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything, she launched herself towards him, her arms wrapping around his neck, nearly making him choke.

Nonetheless, his arms went around to capture the woman, holding her as she squirmed happily,

"WE DID IT!" she cried out joyously, her legs crossed together behind his back as she stuck to him, "WE DID IT, WE DID IT! WE REALLY PULLED IT OFF!" she sang with drunken joy, one that made him chuckle.

Bucky then wrapped an arm around her, because after everything was settled, he finally had a moment to hold her.

He finally had a moment to appreciate her presence.