Chapter 21: Yes!

It's me again! :D I hope you enjoy this chapter and please excuse any existing misspelled word, I wrote this rn and its almost 1 am. thank you very much. Now go on, read, and please enjoy :)

Lin's POV

I go to the living room and search for my phone, I see it on the couch and grab it, I check the notifications and see the messages my mom left and a voicemail. It says it's important so I listen to the voicemail

"Hey Lin, It's me your mom, although I guess you already know this because I'm in your contacts, so... honey I got big news for you, so give me a call as soon as you can, nothing bad happened, just something big and important, love you, bye!" She said making me confused. I walk into the room where Groff is looking very anxious.

"Is everything good?" He asked

"Yup, my mom said it's something big, not bad, but big and important, imma call her ok?" I say and he nods

-call-
Lin: Hey mom
Luz: Oh hi lin! You got my messages?
Lin: yeah I did, what's going on?
Luz: Well you know how your dad loves playing at the casino and stuff
Lin: yes, I'm aware
Luz: well last night he went and played a bit, and came back saying he won the jackpot, and we're using some of that money to move, we're moving
Lin: w-what? When? Where? What?
Luz: we want to see somewhere in vega alta, or near the family
Lin: puerto rico!?
Luz: yeah! You know it's always been a dream and so now that it can finally happen, we want to do it
Lin: D-do you have like a set date?
Luz: two months the latest
Lin: what!? I mean isn't that too soon!? AND far!
Luz: just a little bit. Honey I know it's weird or even hard to know we'll be apart from each other but, your father and I always wanted this
Lin: I guess....
Luz: Hey hun, I'll call you later, we're just a bit busy right now but I'll call you to tell you more okay?
Lin: Umm, Yeah
Luz: I love you honey, tell Groff I say hi
Lin: I will mom, love you too
Luz: bye!
Lin: bye...
-end of call-

"What's wrong, why that face?" Groff asked concerned..

"Well, my parents are moving to puerto rico" I say

"Oh" he says. He knows I'm really close to them, I've always been, so being away from them is kinda new. I take a deep breath and sit next to him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and we started talking about how I felt about this whole situation and stuff and then we got hungry and went to grab a snack from the kitchen

"Would you marry me?" I ask him. He is facing the cabinet opening the ice cream bin, but as soon as I said those words he turned around and looked surprised.

"Are you proposing right now?" He asked confused taking a spoonful of ice cream to his mouth.

"No, I just want to know if you'd marry me, like in the future" I clarify.

"Oh! Well yeah of course!" He says with a smile.

"Would YOU marry me?" He asked.

"Well obviously" I say and get close to him. He placed a very soft and delicate kiss on my lips.

"I love you" I told him and he smiled and placed the ice cream down.

"I love you too" he said and pulled me in to a hug.

-time skip to a month later which will be Groff's bday because my laziness didn't want to write xd-

Groff's POV
Lin and I are going out tonight, he's been going out with thayne, chris, and renee for the past couple of days and he felt bad because he wasn't spending his free time with me. So he told me he wanted to take me somewhere for my birthday after waking me up to balloons all over the room, a couple gifts on tge table and a breakfast he cooked. He told me to dress up because it's for the occasion. We got into the car all dressed up after a couple... Or well... A lot of compliments. He starred driving a long way.

"Babe?" I say and he hums
"Where are we going?" I ask and he smirks.

"That would ruin tge surprise" he said.

"Ugh" i say and he laughs, he kniws I hate surprises. He kept driving and after a couple minutes I saw a sign that said "welcome to Pennsylvania"

"Ummm, Lin?" I say and he smiles and holds ny hand.

"Just trust me, okay?" He said and I nodded. We drive a bit more ad we get to an open field completely decorated to the nature aesthetic I so much love. It had a tent, fire pit, and table.

"It's picnic time" he tells me and I chuckle.

"You made me wear a suit for a picnic?" I ask him.

"Kind of, you understand later" he said parking the car. He opens his door and rushes to my side to open it. He offered hus hand and helped me out of tge car.

"What a true gentleman, you're like my prince charming" I say and he kisses me.

"I love you Groff" He says and we kiss again. We go to the little mat he had on the ground. We eat, talk, laugh, and occasionally take pictures of each other.

"Ok, it's surprise time, I'm going to need to blind fold you" he tells me and I chuckle confused.

"So this wasn't the surprise?" I ask as he puts the blindfold on my eyes.

"Nope" he said "ok stand still he says. I am now in a standing position because he told me to stand up.

I waited a couple seconds, maybe a minute.

"Ok, take the blindfold off" he told me and I took it off. I almost start crying to my sight, he was on one knee, with a ring on his hand.

"Oh.. My god" I said covering my mouth in shock.

"Groff, I love you so much, you mean everything to me, you're an angel, I am so thankful you are in my life. I couldn't imagine my life without you, everything about you is perfect, and I fall in love with you every day we're together. You make me so happy. If I could stop the time to be with you I definitely would. I love you, and I want to know, Woukd you marry me?" He asked. His voice was cracking, he was nervous, I was crying like a little baby.

"Omg Lin! Yes! Obviously!" I say crying and he stood up and hugged me. He placed the ring on my finger and kissed me.

"Omg... I love you" I say hugging him tightly.

"I love you more baby" he said kissing the crook on my neck.

"Is this why I dressed up?" I ask and he giggled.

"Kinda, I just like how you look in a suit" he said and I chuckled.

"Yeah but you'd like it better if I wasn't wearing one" I say with a smirk cleaning the tears from my face

"100% right" he said and I hugged him again. We went to the tent he had set up and watched a movie he downloaded on hus computer. It was very comfortable. I loved it. I couldn't wait to tell everyone about this. We finished the movie and I was getting pretty tired. We changed into pajamas which he packed without me noticing and went back inside the tent.

"So... Wedding plans?" I ask and he giggles pulling me closer to him

"Wedding plans" he responds with a smile. We talk a bit mire and I drift off to sleep. Omg. I am so happy, this was definitely the best birthday gift. Can you imagine? Jonathan Miranda... Or Lin Groff... Or or or... Jonathan and Lin Miranda-Groff, Groff-Miranda? I don't know, but we'll figure it out.

New update, with a very happy ending.. Sad news though, There's only a few chapters left before the end of the story. I was thinking of doing like a sequel but idk yet, we'll see :)