Prologue

Prologue time! I'm sorry that this seems short, but I promise for MUCH longer chapters in the future! (like, 5 times longer)

The silver tom had just left camp, intent on gathering herbs for his stores.

He approached a stream, and dug up a wad of watermint.

As began to carry the plants back to camp, he heard a rustling.

He glanced around, and not spotting anything, carried on with his job.

As he heard the sound again, he realized it wasn't his imagination.

"Who's there?" the tom demanded.

A light-colored tabby she-cat stepped out from behind a bush. "Silversprout. I have been waiting."

Silversprout asked, "Who are you? How do you know my name?"

The she-cat didn't seem to hear. Instead, she began to softly speak.

"There is a bird threatening the island. When the day comes that day and night join together, the future will be made clear."

"What does that mean?" asked Silversprout.

"There is a bird. A bird...A bird...A bird..." The tabby's voice seemed to bounce off of the trees.

"Tell me more! Please!" But the silver tom's own pelt was fading away.

The tabby sat down with her tail neatly curled over her front paws, staring out into the endless forest for a few more heartbeats. Then she too, faded into nothingness.