Evidence of Things Unseen

A well-dressed man in a $5K suit sauntered into the office building heading for the executive suite.

"Excuse me sir. May I help you?" The security guard attempted to stop the man, but he ignored him continuing to the express elevator to the penthouse office suites. "Sir! You can't just..." Before he could catch the man, the elevator doors closed. The security guard ran back to the reception desk and placed a call. "He's here and he's on his way."

When the elevator doors opened at the 37th floor the well-dressed man was met with a well-coifed petite woman wearing a sensible navy-blue tailored pantsuit with gold buttons. Her pearl necklace accented her perfect collarbones and he shoulder-length auburn hair, which was pulled back into a tight bun.

"Mr. Nattapol is not available for you sir."

The well-dressed man attempted to go around her, but she pivoted and stood in front of him, blocking his way.

"I said he is NOT available. Please leave."

The well-dressed man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Look. We both know he's here and I'm going to see him. Don't make this hard on yourself sweetie. So, why don't you just move and let me see that sniveling boss of yours. This has nothing to do with you, so just move okay?"

"Mr. Nattapol is not here."

"And now you're lying. Why am I not surprised? As a guardian of Babylon, of course you would be a liar. Our Holy Father hates liars. Do you want to find yourself burning in Hell for eternity? Are you not ashamed to whore yourself out for your demon of a boss?"

"Quiet frankly, I think it is you who should be concerned for your eternal soul. From what I hear, if anyone has something to account to God for, it's you, not me."

The assistant glared at the man as she saw a flash of anger in his dark eyes. Despite his height and musculature, she was unfazed and maintained her dominant stance.

"You need to be brought low young lady. You are too haughty. Our God hates a haughty look."

"Our God also hates those who prey upon the weak."

She smirked and challenged him further. Her eyebrow cocked as she crossed her arms. Before the well-dressed man could respond, another man appeared in the background.

"What are you doing here Norman?" Norman Sakdatorn sidestepped the assistant and made his way past the other man and stepped into his office. He started to sit but the other man lifted his hand indicating he should stand.

"Don't sit. You won't be staying that long." August Nattapol, Kongpob's manager, took a seat behind desk, crossed his legs, and then crossed his arms. "What do you want Norman?"

Ignoring August, Norman took a seat on the white leather couch adjacent to August's desk. He took a breath and surveyed the view of Bangkok from the floor to ceiling windows.