Like a Rat to a Trap

"Any progress?"

"No." Arthit pinched the bridge of his nose while taking a seat in one of the empty chairs in front of August's desk. He closed eyes and sighed deeply. "I don't know what else to say to him. He is convinced that he deserves what's happening to him. Between his misguided sense of loyalty to that bastard husband of his and the guilt he feels over his mother's death, I don't think he'll ever divorce Norman."

August slammed his fist on his desk, making Arthit flinch a little. August was always such a cool customer. Seeing him lose his cool was a little unnerving.

"Dammit! We have to do something. I'm doing the best that I can from my end."

"Really, and what is that?"

"I cut Norman's allowance in half and froze his credit cards. I'm sure he'll come barging in here any moment now."

Arthit couldn't stifle the chuckle that erupted from his lips, which soon became full-blown laughter. Seeing the mirth from Arthit, August couldn't help but join in. The laughter grew as August's door was slammed open.

"Well, speak of the devil..." August rolled his eyes.

"And in he walks." Arthit finished his sentence and stood to eye a very angry Norman Sakdatorn. He stormed towards August, but was violently stopped by Arthit when he grabbed his arm and slammed him to the ground, his foot placed solidly on the back of Norman's neck while he still held wrist with his arm twisted in an uncomfortable position.

"OW! Let me go you asshole!"

"Shut the fuck up. Give me a reason to break your goddamned arm. I've been waiting to whoop your ass for a minute now. Make one more move or say one more thing and I'll indulge myself."

August stood and walked to hover over Norman. He bent down so he could meet Norman's eyeline. "I would take him seriously if I were you."

"I'll see both of you behind bars. My attorney won't rest until you're both in jail."

Once again laughter filled August's office.

Arthit released Norman's arm and picked him up by his collar and threw him on the couch.

"What can we do for you Norman? We're busy men and don't have time for your bullshit." August returned to his perch behind his desk while Arthit leaned casually against the front of August's desk.

"Maybe you can explain why I don't have all of my allowance and why I can't use my credit cards."

"Oh, that? That's an easy one. I cut your gold digger fee in half and secured my client's money by freezing your credit cards."

"Who do you think you are? You don't have the authority...!"

"Oh yes I do. While Kong is gone, I have complete power of attorney over all his affairs. Until he gets back, you're my bitch and you will act like it."

Norman angrily stood up and stormed towards August's desk, but he stopped when Arthit took stepped in front of him. He aggressively looked Arthit up and down, but slowly returned to his spot on the couch. Seeing he was getting nowhere with aggression; Norman decided to change his tactic and soften his tone.

"Okay August. You win. What do you want? Surely as two reasonable men we can work something out to both our benefits. Can't we?"

August erupted into laughter. "Did you hear that Arthit? He just called himself reasonable." August turned his attention to Norman. "Does a reasonable man beat his husband while claiming to love him? Does he repeatedly cheat on him and lavish his whores with gifts using his husband's money? Be serious. You're lucky I don't have Arthit blow your fucking brains all over this glass wall."