Chapter 9: Meeting the Alpha

Gianna

I was on my way to the pack house alone with Liam. Dalton was such a coward for not wanting to come with me. His excuse was that they might know him or his scent, and kill him before we even got close to the house. But it just sounded like a bull shit excuse to me.

We arrived at the house around noon. I barely had time to park the car before I was instantly surrounded by the pack. I sighed, collected myself, and put on a sad puppy dog face before exiting the car. I stepped out and opened the back door to unbuckle Liam. I hoisted him out onto my hip and turned around to face the crowd.

"I need to speak with your leader please, it's urgent," I said pleadingly.

"I'm the Beta here, the alpha is in a meeting with someone. What do you need help with? And why come here?"

"Well, I've come to ask for your help finding my daughter. We were in an accident and I can't find her! I've looked everywhere, I didn't know what else to do!" I sobbed pitifully, looking down at the ground as if I was trying to hide tear filled eyes.

When I looked back up at him, he raised his eyebrow at me. It seemed like he was trying to decide if I was lying. I got the impression this wasn't the first time something like this had happened.

A female voice I knew drifted out of the house and alarmingly caught my attention. My eyes widened with fear. Oh no! what was she doing here? Had she already found Elena?! Or was she looking for her too? While I was contemplating what was going on, I didn't realize that the beta was closely observing me. I finally snapped out of it with a shake of my head.

"Please you have to help me, my daughter is very important to me and especially to her son."

He nodded, then spoke, "Alright I think the alpha is done with his meeting. We can go on up there. Is the little one coming with us? Or we can have someone watch him," he said suggestively.

"Okay, yeah, thank you. I think it would probably be best, if someone watches him. Just in case, I wouldn't want him getting upset," I said with concern. He nodded and looked over his shoulder at one of the women who then came forward and took Liam with a gentle smile.

"What's your name little one?" She asked. He looked at me and I smiled shyly, I nodded at him.

"Liam," he said softly.

They walked away and I was guided into the house. We went up the stairs to a large office. The Beta knocked on the door and we heard a gruff response, "Come in."

The beta opened the door and there he was, the alpha of the Washington pack. He looked up from his paperwork, seeming slightly annoyed by the interruption

"So from what I understand you're looking for your daughter, right?" He said coldly, standing up.

I gulped and nodded at him. The way he held himself screamed alpha. Even though I wasn't a wolf, I still had to fight the urge to bow my head in submission. I quickly collected myself and shook it off. I was not a meek little woman.

"What is your daughter's name?"

"Her name is Elena, Alpha," I said sadly, batting my eyes.

He placed his hands on the desk and leaned forward, lifting his eyebrow. I got the feeling he was inspecting me, or as if he knew something I didn't.

"Oh? And why would I help you? I actually have seen her and-"

"You've seen my daughter? Is she okay? Where is she?"

"I have, and she looks nothing like you. Why is that? How do I know she's even your daughter? Just because you come in here and claim it to be so?"

I fidgeted in my seat, I knew why he was asking that. So I came up with a quick and easy explanation for why I don't look like her.

"Well you see I'm not her birth mother, I adopted her when she was about two years old. But please don't mention that to her, it was a terrible story about her other mom and she really doesn't need to hear it," I pleaded.

Which wasn't entirely true, and I'd never told Elena anything about it. But it wasn't like he was going to actually meet up with Elena's adopted mother. She was in the looney bin, and was never getting out. So it really didn't matter what I told him about her. Elena believes I'm her real mom and she doesn't really need to know the ugly truth.

He glared at me and contemplated what I'd said to him. It took a couple of minutes before he decided to speak, "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want any harm to come to her. She's in one of my rooms sleeping. If you stay here you can see her when she wakes up.

"I want to see her but I can't stay here, I have to go unpack our stuff at our new house so I can return the moving truck."

He grinned like a predator, "Ah, what makes you think you have a say? I need you to stay here for your safety. That's an order! And if you try to leave I will assume you must want to be killed. Understand? I still don't know you and I don't know that you mean her no harm, I'm not just going to trust you."

I frowned, wolves and their suspicious nature. Now how was I supposed to keep in contact with Dalton?

"Luke!" The Beta came rushing in, "Yes Alpha?"

"Take her into one of the staff rooms and have guards posted outside the door," he barked.

Luke nodded. He grabbed my arm forcefully and started pulling me along.

"Hey! Let go of me! You're not supposed to treat people like this!" I yelled as the door closed.

We went down the stairs and down several halls before coming to a room he deemed fit. He pushed me inside and slammed the door. I listened for the lock to click, but never heard it. I guess they thought their guards were good enough.

"Wait what about my grandson?! I want my grandson! Bring him here! Now!" I screamed, banging on the door.

He opened the door and smirked, "I'm sorry but why would we give our Luna's kid to you? When she's here? He needs her, not you," I gasped then he once again slammed the door in my face.

No! I knew that idiot should have taken care of her! Piece of crap isn't good for anything! Now look at the pain he's causing me! I slowly cracked open the door to check how many guards I'd have to deal with and what I heard next made me smile evilly.

"Yeah, this is Luna's mom, supposedly. You know I heard she got mad at Alpha and ran away after telling him off. Can you imagine someone telling him off?" One of the guards said chuckling.

The other one shook his head, "I'd love to have seen that, I bet Alpha's really upset she took off though," he said sadly.

"He should have been kinder to her, my mate met her and said she's very sweet and caring."

Ugh, of course they like her already, I rolled my eyes in disgust. I slowly closed the door and pulled my phone from my pocket. I scrolled through my contacts and clicked on Dalton's name. It immediately started to ring.

"Hey idiot, did you finally take care of Elena?" I asked hopefully.

"Well actually, I didn't. I was out there looking for her and they picked up my scent. Now they're searching for me. Why didn't you tell me they were out here? I was lucky I noticed them before they found me. So I'm done with close calls, I'm not dying for this. I'm done looking for her, do your own dirty work."

I gritted my teeth and hung up the phone. Damn it, nothing is going as I wanted it too. I guess I have to do everything myself, as always

Hey guys! Updates are going to be slower now, sorry for the inconveniences. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Please like, share and comment!

-Love,Nisha Freed aka Miss_Traveler